No announcement yet.

Mobile Phone and the Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used the two way radios quite a bit with a few lads in our group travelling to shows over the last few years, it's good crack in all honesty

Comment

What I can get my head around is the law will not allow the use of a phone (and quite rightly so ) but allows the use of a hand held two way radio which is the exact same thing but on a different frequency ????
      sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Originally posted by katana View Post
        That may be the letter of the law but I'd think it would be difficult for a prosecution to succeed. Bit like being drunk and asleep in the car with keys in pocket - technically illegal as you 'could' drive but weren't.
        My mate got done for Drunk incharge of a car He was asleep in the back the keys where in the front banned for 12 months
        Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

So, do you really have to , once pulled safely off the road and stopped with handbrake applied, then have to either switch off and remove keys or get out of the car in the snow to text or make a hand held phone call?!!

Comment

To follow the letter of the law yes ,,and if you leave the engine running thats another crime ,,
            sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Oh dear, we seem to have reached the end.......

Comment

Alan is correct, however, I've never yet heard of anyone getting done for being parked up whilst using the phone and engine running. That particular part of the legislation was more to do with queuing traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                  Alan is correct, however, I've never yet heard of anyone getting done for being parked up whilst using the phone and engine running. That particular part of the legislation was more to do with queuing traffic.
                  Wait for it
                  Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Common sense may well prevail then! Phew! I can understand queueing traffic , the law needs clarification maybe....?

Comment

Barrack room lawyers.
                      When did you last see a police officer out and about? What do you think is the likelihood of seeing one who has the time to actually stop an offender? (oh and who actually knows the legislation in detail)
                      They will only be 'doing' obvious/blatant offenders - and the more the merrier in my opinion!
                      It's called the thin blue line for a reason!
                      Don't confuse drink drive legislation with mobile phone legislation - if you need further info have a look at the Road Traffic Act and the Construction and Use Regs - both a right riveting read!

Comment

Working...
                      X