Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things to do in Derbyshire when you're bored.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do in Derbyshire when you're bored.....

Well, there are lots of things to do in Derbyshire, for instance, find a nice little single track road and bomb around the corners as fast as you can (avoiding ramblers and other oncoming traffic) :

You could also try driving very close to other road users :

Or if you're lucky you could meet up with a group of other iconic 70's sports cars :

But if you're really on top form, you could do all of this and have the pictures published in Classic Cars magazine !

Many thanks to the RSOC for this opportunity to take my car up to Ashbourne yesterday to appear in a photo shoot for Classic Cars magazine comparing five iconic sports cars of the 70's. Present at the day were :

MKII RS2000
    Vauxhall Firenza
    Hillman Avenger Tiger
    Dolomite Sprint
    Fiat Mirafiori 131 Sport

The weather was kind to us despite being somewhat threatening in the morning, Kel and I had driven up on the Saturday afternoon and stopped over in a local B&B so, Sunday morning we were up bright and early for a few hours polishing and cleaning before setting off into deepest darkest Dovedale to meet the photographer, journalist and other car owners.

The static shots took forever to set up but were well worth it in the end (particulalrly the one in front of the barn!), then the journalist had a go in each of the cars to make some comparitive notes and finally we did some shots of the cars tearing around corners followed by more shots taken from the back of the tracking car by Lyndon the loony photographer who at one point was laying across the back of his SAAB convertible (with the roof down) with at least half his body clear of the car whilst Kel hung onto him for dear life.

Many thanks to Kel for coming with, helping clean up the car yesterday morning and, more importantly, shadowing the photographer to get loads of great pictures (some of which are above).

The article will be in either the January or February edition of the magazine which will be published at the start of December or January respectivley.

RSOC Member - 6960

excellent, nice group of cars there too, dont see many tigers about now

Comment

great pics Arron..good day out by the sounds of it

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

Love the Mirafori and Tiger

Looks like a good day, i'll keep an eye out for the article.
        Paul

Comment

Flat out down the B roads Mint

Comment

Looked a good day,top pics

Mick.

Comment

Thanks for the weekend Arron !

Steve and anyone else, you live in a lovely part of the country.

popped some more photos here

Comment

all photos are here

Comment

Well done Arron.
                  Looks like a good day.

cheeRS Gary.
                  sigpic

My Car in The vBGarage

Comment

Some great photos and some very tasty old school faves there! espically the Tiger ( i had one once, and have regretted selling it since)

Many a good race on a friday night round Maidstone one way system. Kel will vouch this too.
                    Steve Marden.Mk2 RS2 gone, now got a 420 BHP 3dr Moonstone Sierra Cosworth, its fun.

Comment

i hate to admit it but i love that FIAT....... , nice cars

Comment

VERY nice pics

Comment

this is the thread I started on the FiatGB forum (the guy with the 131 is the webmaster)

Comment

loved the Dolly Sprint! First production saloon with 16V I recall until VW convinced the world that it was the Golf.

(PS: Jensen Interceptor FF also first production saloon 4WD until Audi convinced the world it was their Audi Coupé)

(PPS: VW are now in the process of convincing everyone that they are the first to have the idea of combining a supercharger and a turbocharger in one engine. Guess they never saw the Delta S4's in action!)

(PPPS: now getting off of soap box. Goodnight.)

Comment

Some top car's there mate

Comment

Working...
                              X