help about mexico ,whats it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help about mexico ,whats it worth?

ive seen a red mexico for sale and it has a sunroof , but the top plates have been redone.the out side is out standing condition and has all the right bits on it but fitted with a standard 2.0 engine .the interior is average condition with the wear in normal places .it looks very straight and a good excample .the bit bothering me is the top plates as there not origonal andbecause theyve been replaced they dont have rs top plate on them any more .what on a average price do you think its worth?

i take it should have all the right bits on it like tramp bars ,spare wheel srap in boot ,tower supports under wings, and rs top plates and black roof lining.is the battery in the boot or under engine bay?

cheers
    jay

all the last bits you mentioned yes , battery in the engine bay not boot officially

Comment

cheers banishit .were the strapconnects to the floor should that be in the spare wheel hole or actually on the flat boot floor bit?

Comment

what do u reckon its worth then?

Comment

Looks nice Jay.
          Yeah the boot strap is on the floor, not down the side of the well.
          You know what they are worth Jay, they are fetching sill money...
          But if you dont want it i'll have it... For a Grand

Comment

the headlamps look wrong, are they flat or corvex? (i think thats the word) looks very clean though......what are you willing to pay is the bigger q? ......if the headlamps are not flat found out why????

Comment

lol cheers m8.as ive had a mk1mex for ages ive lost track of what mk2 are worth especially mexicos .i know what rs2000 are worth.do u think its worth 3500 then? another thing ive been offered a rs2000mk2 for £4000 and he said he would keep it for me till i got the extra cash to buy it but its extremly mint and comes with lsd webbers 2.1 engine etc etc .think my mind is down to these two cars now .dont know what to go for .heres a pic of the rs2000 .what would you go for??????

Comment

looks tidy enough

well theres some been bought for £3500 , and some for a damn sight more, its all up to much you want and willing to spend, as we can only see the 2 shots , we cant see what the rest is like , but whats the fella looking for it?

Comment

he wants 3500 ono .ive got £3000 but gonna get a tiny more out of bank if i have too,but i proper skint then.

Comment

Go for the mex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 2000 is nice, but flat front is best

Comment

its very hard to decide the mex looks lovely but the rs2000 has all the goodies.im pulling my hair out today trying to decide .im gonna see the mexico today and just waiting to hear back about the rs2000 about viewing that

Comment

if the Mex is solid have that, I would but, what do YOU want forgetting the money side

both have sunroofs, and Mex is rarer, you can always buy the extra toys later, but its have you got a solid car that counts most other things can be changed easily with some dosh, a rotton body shell is going to cost you !! I know you know that but it has to be said, will the Mex need restoring in 2-4 years ? or before

if its going to good for a few years and you dont know what position you will be in, financially a couple of years down the line.

Comment

i like the mex more by looks, but the rs2000 has a shit hot engine init with 45's and lsd and has £20,000 worth of receipts so proberly a proper minter and is a part of someones collection .decisions decisions

Comment

for that money the RS2 seems to be a lot better deal I have to say

Comment

matey wont take any less than 4 grand thou for rs2000 ,but he dont mind i think as he said its not going anywere .was thinking of giving him a deposit and come back in a month to collect.that way i have a grand by then.well i need to see both .seeing the mex today but its gonna be hard walking away from it because i need to see the rs2000 aswell

Comment

Working...
                              X