M.O.T. Exemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.O.T. Exemption

Classic Ford December 2016 has an article suggesting that 40 year old cars could be, from May 2017 Tax and M.O.T exempt! Looking forward to that outcome seeing as I only cover 2000 per year max and take good care of my car anyway.

Only worry I have is that, without thrashing down the road and slamming on the anchors, (The 1980's DIY method) I have no real way of checking that safety aspect .

May be local clubs/garages could set up a drop in centre at the end of a meet to test each others brakes? (Obviously for a small feeŁ).

Discuss?

Best Regards
    Phill
    AVO 5001

No mot's here in Perth wa, just pay you rego every year and go from therr
    sigpic

Comment

source

It seems to stem from us exiting Europe, GOOD! We have enough usless rules of our own

Best Regards
      Phill
      AVO 5001

Comment

An MOT test even if it is no longer a requirement for 40 yr old vehicles will still be able to be requested at an MOT station just as pre 1960 vehicles are today.

My bet is insurance companies will "load" a vehicles insurance premium if a vehicle has not got a "voluntary" MOT in place
        cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Ive be a mot tester for over 25 years and now the Mot site manager.
          We have many customers with Mot exempt cars that still get a annual Mot for there own piece of mind ? We even have a few that there relevant owners club insist on one to validate there club agreed values and like you say there normally maintained well above a Mot standard so everyone's happy (especially me because there a piece of pi$$) lol
          sigpic

Comment

Beat me too it Dave story of my life lol
            sigpic

Comment

Free tax we want don't mind the mot
              sigpicRS1800s on Tour

Comment

Originally posted by RS1800 View Post
                Free tax we want don't mind the mot
                Now your talking my language? I've only got till xmas to wait
                sigpic

Comment

I still take my cars for an MOT, even if they don't need one, i rake the car to the MOT test station, leave it with them and if someone don't turn up he fits mine in

Comment

It only makes common sense to get your car checked out every so often, not only is your life at risk but others as well! You could imagine being out on a tour and your mates behind you are giving their motors the full welly as they often do, and you have to brake suddenly!......does not bare thinking about does it??????

Tim

Comment

Mot needs to be compulsory on all cars. I want to know my car is safe before putting my kids in it.
                      Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

I agree SON all should have mots!!
                        Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

Even if it's mot exempt still needs to be roadworthy ,its upto the owner/ driver to make sure its legal, you can still be prosecuted if it's not ,
                          I'm also a mot tester and I think all exempt vehicle's should at least have some form of inspection, doesn't have to be has strict has a mot ,
                          It could be your own life or someone else

Comment

Originally posted by Chesney View Post
                            Mot needs to be compulsory on all cars. I want to know my car is safe before putting my kids in it.
                            exactly right, classic cars are my living but i don`t put mine on the ramp every month and check bushes, pipes, ball joints etc. the idea that they are pampered more is none sense. we regularly get very expensive cars in that are down right dangerous!

Comment

Originally posted by Chesney View Post
                              YUE was MOT's the day before.........
                              No guarantee son I'm afraid.
                              Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Working...
                              X