Bootlid looks familiar !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootlid looks familiar !

A public information film produced by Sorel Films for Ansvar Insurance Company.From BFI database: Designed to show how alcohol affects a driver's judgement a...
    cheeRS

DAVE

Needs a vinyl roof and a sunroof
    sigpic

Comment

Bit of a mystery why they fitted a vinyl roof and those horrible after-market stripes! It appears that it may have had some additional history???? If you look close, there was evidence of rust in some of the under bonnet shots featured in the "Professionals", not good when bearing in mind that the car was not that old!

Comment

Looks like after this was filmed, the car was "sprussed up" for filming in the Professionals. A larger than normal sliding glass sunroof was added ( I read it was for extra light while filming inside shots) and looks like to help hide the fitting, a vinyl roof cover added.
        The reg in this film was real, but changed to a false plate PNO641T for filming, ( prob to make it look like Doyle had a new car!)

Comment

Originally posted by RStu View Post
          Looks like after this was filmed, the car was "sprussed up" for filming in the Professionals. A larger than normal sliding glass sunroof was added ( I read it was for extra light while filming inside shots) and looks like to help hide the fitting, a vinyl roof cover added.
          The reg in this film was real, but changed to a false plate PNO641T for filming, ( prob to make it look like Doyle had a new car!)
          Yes I've read what you say too! The black headlining made it very dark inside for filming and there was a gap in one episode when the car was having the work done to it! It's a mystery why they changed those stripes though!

Comment

Originally posted by RStu View Post
            I very vaguely remember seeing that film as a kid, maybe one of the lessons where we were show a public information film.

I think PNO was a press car, then used in The Professionals. I don't know whether the production company actually bought it from Ford, usually they were long term loan cars.

As regards PNO being "sprussed up", I think the production company said they wanted the car to look new, so put a "T" plate on the car and (Ford or whoever) changed the badging etc to look right for a T-plate car.

The sunroof was an aftermarket item, and was massive. I'm pretty sure that it is also not a Ford item from another model, the Cortina or Granada had a steel sunroof anyway, not a green tinted glass item.

Comment

Working...
            X