tracing a cars history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tracing a cars history

How do I get copies of old log books from the DVLA.
    Is there a particular form with a fee to pay or is it just good old fashioned pen to paper.
    I managed to find the first owner of my mk1 mexico today and have had a nice chat and found a bit of info etc, now I'd like to fill in the gaps and see if I can contact the other 4 owners.
    Cheers
    sigpic

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...bout-a-vehicle
    sigpic

Comment

Cool, ta mate
      sigpic

Comment

whilst this is a good service for very little money, i have had absolutely no luck tracing or talking to old owners, as they have either moved, died or just plainly dont want to know
        the other thing to bear in mind, which may not apply to you, is if your car ever had personalised plates, you may need to mention it when contacting a previous owner, as they may not recognise the reg no. you give

Comment

Originally posted by Ray1965 View Post
          whilst this is a good service for very little money, i have had absolutely no luck tracing or talking to old owners, as they have either moved, died or just plainly dont want to know
          the other thing to bear in mind, which may not apply to you, is if your car ever had personalised plates, you may need to mention it when contacting a previous owner, as they may not recognise the reg no. you give
          Go on the DVLA. Web site and put in V888 in the search print it off and send it off with a fiver
          Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Working...
          X