Driveing Tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driveing Tests

Whats the crap with the practical driveing test now days,, Wife failed her test for doing 45mph in a 60mph zone
    Driving Examiner said she was causing an obstruction and should drive at least 55mph in a 60 mph zone

I always thought 60 was the max speed and not the required speed and also when you are still a novice driver it is more responsible to drive within your limits you are confident with
    sigpic

Back with a MK1

Hi Alan, this is true always got told to get up to the speed limit otherwise would fail.. That's how my instructor taught me specially on a slip road joining dual carriage.. You will have to help get her confidence up at 60mph, it's not right if drive perfect threw towns at speed limit but then I don't make the rules up..

Comment

Stupid rule that will cause accidents
      sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

I'm sure it already has.. My mates doing his big bike test and there exactly the same want u to get upto the limit.. And got told if didn't will fail the test.

Comment

Not sure about the DRIVING test. You really do need a spelling test though............
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Always said we need spell check on the forum
            sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

I passed my test over 30 years ago, and thats no different then to now, you had to almost match the speed limit of the road, and my BSM instructor made a big thing of it, not only to do that limit, but to get to it at a good pace as well

personally i believe that there should be a lot more in it, motorways, skid pans etc, they should be taught to throw a car around, basically taught how to drive a car and not just how to pass a test

Comment

Alan,
                You must keep up with the flow of traffic and not drive likwe an old Grannie. Also you must drive at the speed limit so that you show that you are a competent driver
                Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Y
                  Agreed Andy but after you have passed a test and nor when you are still learning
                  sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

you drive to near the limit on your test as this shows that you have noticed the difference in the speed limits that are around you, if you still do 30 in a 40 then you may not of seen the signs, something which they are testing for.

that's how I was taught.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                    X