Building a new GARAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a new GARAGE

im building a new garage in the near future & would like some opinions as what way to build it. Its gonna be 12.6M long x 7.5M wide should be plenty big for 4 cars.....Im gonna insulate the floor, have a loft for my spares, with insulation in the roof as well, but as for the walls do I use 4" solid outer leaf with a cavity, insulation, 4" solid inner leaf or do i just use 9" cavitys with no insulation in the walls. Although I think 9" cavitys are now ban in the uk.....Underfloor haeting was another option but the travel distance from the house to the garage is to much & therefor a waste of time......so wat would you do????????

sounds very nice Aaron - how much do you think it will cost you?

I'd love to have a 4 car garage for mine...

Comment

i wreckon €10k finished, its bigger than most 3/4 bed houses in ireland, it will be probably 1300sq ft when finished.........just hope everything goes to plan

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron P.
        i wreckon €10k finished, its bigger than most 3/4 bed houses in ireland, it will be probably 1300sq ft when finished.........just hope everything goes to plan
        Careful Aaron.
        sigpic

Comment

did i offend dermot?????

Comment

Not me, but others perhaps.

There is quite a lot of wealth here, some of it legit
            sigpic

Comment

by saying that the "garage will end up being bigger than 3/4 bed houses in ireland", i design houses for a living, i dont think thats offencive in any way.....i dont have much wealth or am in any way wealthy. im just doing the garage big from the start so i dont have to do it again further down the line....plus i was only giving an idication as the size of the garage.....id ont see why someone should be offended by that......

Comment

I'm not offended as I said, but others might be.

Why pick Ireland though? Why not Kent?
                sigpic

Comment

breeze block ireland!!

is everyone still building in every available plot in ireland?your garage will be bigger than my grandparents original house,that's for sure are you on the outskirts of the town?
                  what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

I own a small plot of land in wicklow now......i got out of dublin, as i couldnt afford to buy so i bought a cottage on 2/3 acre, plenty of space lol...... , only the rich can live in dublin these days, property is ridiculous in price

Comment

Working...
                    X