Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lakes Tour 2015

Lakes Tour 2015
    It’s seems like only yesterday, I sat here organising the Lakes 06 all them years ago so where did the last ten years go. Things have progressed over the years I have been doing the Lakes Tours and I would like to start by thanking you all for putting up with my outrages passion for old Ford cars, they have been in my veins from “well” ever since I first started to drive really I’ve owned them, built them driven them restored them but never rallied them as I think they deserve better now, and what better way is there to appreciate your old Ford whether it’s an concourse example or a daily driver to give her a airing out in the Lakes 2015 10th Anniversary Lakes Tour.

Pye motor our local FORD dealers in Kendal have very kindly sponsored The Lakes Tour 2015 and the Cumbria RSOC show which will be held on the Sunday this year, they will be looking at all the cars over the week end and taking in the atmosphere of the retro tour and show, also checking the cars out that will be eligible for one of their special awards new skool and old skool.

This year’s Lakes Tour will consists of a tour of ten Lakes around 100miles of stunning scenery no thrills just good day with other likeminded people in the same cars enjoying the same thing your “FORD” one or to stop offs and a few surprises on the way, then back the Heaves for a buffet and the Crack!! Please hang around after the tour for the prize giving and Raffle which will be in the Hotel or whether permitting outside Let the fun begin!!
    To make it a bit more of a retro theme this year I thought we could have a 70s /80s retro dress code what’s good enough for Goodwood is good for the Lakes Tour 2015 Anniversary so there will be an award for best dressed 70s/80s driver and passenger let’s get into the spirit of things don’t be shy now!

I have a few names of people that have done all Ten Lakes Tours in the same car not that many but if you feel you come into this category please get in touch with me your entry’s will be free in this year’s Lakes Tour, as long as you are doing it again this year in the same car, we will set aside a Lakes Tour 10th Anniversary parking area for your car at the show on Sunday.

We will have hopefully Retroford back on board this year covering the tour in there magazine.

We will also be celebrating 40years of the Mk2 RS1800 and Mexico we will have on display as many of these cars as we can on Sunday some of which will have done The Tour if you own one please ask to have it parked in the display area on Sunday along with all the others.

To Enter The Lakes Tour go to www.lakestour.co.uk which will be open this week end.
    Good Look !!

Looking forward to the tour no8 for me 😀always the best weekend of the year and hope to see some of the regular faces again and the clique 😎

Comment

Trailer Queen

image.jpg

Had the mex out today for 1st time ! I was thinking of being a trailer queen to the lakes all 800 miles over my weekend ........................ No chance will this car ever see a trailer ( I hope ) lol , as it was great to drive ,the new gearing by BGH makes 4th gear great fun , enjoyed my 72 miles today
      sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to it 😁

Comment

why you teese use father NOOOOOOO come on

Comment

I should have ran the same car for all 10

Comment

Looking forward to taking the mk2 mex on the tour if I get a place ..
              Live to regret ..or regret to live.

Comment

Looking forward to it, 6th time for us.
                Holtscossie

Comment

Lot of people on line to night ,,
                  sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Come on Father am , need a weekend away from wife and kids
                    sigpic

Comment

on my lonesome this year for the first Time!!!!

Comment

Sounds good, I might have to pull the finger further out to get the mex finished for this. It would a shame to miss the tour and display.
                        cheeRS

Comment

I don't see any comment about 70s /80s dress

Comment

Originally posted by oggie snr View Post
                            Ruddy will be fine, that's all he has in his wardrobe
                            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by oggie snr View Post
                              My 70s/80s gear won't fit me as i was born in 79 unless I come dressed as a big baby lol
                              cheeRS

Comment

Working...
                              X