Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RSOC and moving forward (this thread started by RS2000CUSTOM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSI_TOM View Post
    I took that picture
    Caught the moment well.
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by RSI_TOM View Post

I took that picture
      Nice use of a wide angle lense !
      cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Is that David Cameron in the background ,,
        sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
          Nice use of a wide angle lense !
          looks more like a fish-eye lens

Comment

Originally posted by Miniliteman View Post
            Paul,

see you been online today but didn't see a reply from you to the last 2 posts.
            In your posts I think you give the old Committee a firm stab in the back, which isn't called for. I believe every RSOC Committee there ever was gave their utmost best for the club. That some things didn't work out as they thought .. well we are only human and who could have thought the interweb and facetube and so-on would have made the influence it did make.

Can you elaborate on the massive changes we will see in the next 2 years, the massive changes to regalia, and as asked yesterday the 'crap' figures the old committee gave w.r.t. accounting.

Grtz, Leon.
            Paul L,

hope you had a good weekend at the show.
            Seen you have onhere at least twice today so was expecting a reply from yourselves to my post.

Comment

Hi Leon

Sorry but i have decided not to comment again on this website regards RSOC issues .

There are many on here who have nothing posotive to say regards the club and because there mates are no longer on the committee are doing nothing other than be negative towards others.

Paul
              Proud to be the RS500 registrar for www.rs500owners.com

Comment

Originally posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES View Post
                Hi Leon

Sorry but i have decided not to comment again on this website regards RSOC issues .

There are many on here who have nothing posotive to say regards the club and because there mates are no longer on the committee are doing nothing other than be negative towards others.

Paul
                I presume I'm one of the 'many' then as you made a point of ignoring me on Friday??
                Cheers

Comment

who's the biggest RS knob !!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Handbags at dawn ..
                    sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

If one of the elected committee wants to ignore a paid up Club Member that's his choice.
                      Cheers

Comment

As a non member it seems all this is getting out of hand,, end of the day this or any other club is run by enthuiasts who love the particular marque

A committee is elected by the members to run the club and if members are not happy they can voice there opinion and if required ask for any particular member to stand down via a vote of no confidence

Don't let it digress to personal issues

That's just my opinion,
                        sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Originally posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES View Post
                          Hi Leon

Paul
                          Paul,

I hoped this wouldn't be the reply you would post.
                          Yes there are some forummembers who do not have a positive attitude towards todays RSOC committee. I have asked you to comment on your own statements made on here regarding RSOC matters in a (I think) neutral way. Being a (longtime) RSOC member I think have the right to ask this.
                          By chosing not to respond to my questions you sort of confirm that the RSOC committee is a 'closed shop' . Answering the questions would be an opportunity to put today's RSOC committee on the map.

But fair enough, if you don't want to discuss things here anymore, I will copy/paste my questions (on page 2 of this thread I think) to the members section of the RSOC BB and you can comment on there.

Grtz, Leon.

Comment

Originally posted by alancdavis View Post
                            As a non member it seems all this is getting out of hand,, end of the day this or any other club is run by enthuiasts who love the particular marque

A committee is elected by the members to run the club and if members are not happy they can voice there opinion and if required ask for any particular member to stand down via a vote of no confidence

Don't let it digress to personal issues

That's just my opinion,
                            Alan

In a fluffy soft cuddly world I would say yes you are correct, but as we all know we live in the real harsh financial world where it's kill or be killed

Are people on a Committee for the love of the Club? Possibly
                            Are they there to have control and power! Possibly
                            Do they use their position for self gain and money making! Possibly
                            Do they use their position to control? Possibly
                            Are they looking for freebies for themselves and their friends? It has definitely been like that for some in the past

This is not all but some have the attitude of : I give X hours to the club so I want Y in return for my contribution.

This isn't just Car Clubs, it's Golf Clubs, Sports Clubs and probably any other Club that has a volunteer committee.

Put strong willed people in power and they want to become stronger and more powerful
                            Cheers

Comment

Good response Martin and your comments are 100% correct from an ethical point...BUT.... If any committee member is using the position for personal gain the they SHOULD be removed and banned from the club

Activity like that would be a betrayal to the club and its members
                              sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

I served on the RSOC Committee because I love the club & wanted to help.
                                Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Working...
                                X