Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RSOC and moving forward (this thread started by RS2000CUSTOM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES View Post

There arnt any banned members Leon .
    Correct me if im wrong but arnt all the bans now expired

It was a great AGM , very posotive and i heard nothing but great feedback .
    Maybee the club has turned a corner
    Well, by banned I also mean ex-members who had their membership revoked for whatever reason.
    It seems the ones who were banned had enough and cannot be bothered anymore and the ones who had their membership revoked (like me, is there anyone else btw?) cannot attend the AGM. Not that I would have, as the RSOC is something in the past for me.
    Ahh the old days, Boreham regional days, our RSOC European Event in Baarlo, ND when it was a good show. Who remembers Dave Rose trying to move the DS Mk1 RS1600 on the Saturday before ND only to stall the engine about 24 times before realizing it had a dogleg ZF gearbox!
    The fun we all had back then

Comment

• Mike you must have been at a different national day to me as a lot of people I spoke too felt is was a disaster on many levels.

After everything that was said about where the local groups were put and it being acknowledged it simply wasn't suitable I was quite dismayed to hear the we, no not we as I'll not be going this year, that they will be placed on paddock two.
      I'd love to hear what the committee felt was the purpose of national day is now, what's it aim and why does it exist given that the club spent 47grand on it, 25 of which was the venue hire, that an awful lot of expenses and on costs to make a profit of £337

And that's without even mentioning the ticket fiasco...

Comment

• Oh my god!!! An investment of £47k returns £337 pound!!!��

Unbelievable, what went wrong Mike?
        Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

• £337.00 ?? That doesnt even cover the server and licence fees for this site
          cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

• Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
            £337.00 ?? That doesnt even cover the server and licence fees for this site

It's ok dave I've donated my Rsoc membership money to you👍

Comment

• In all honesty I spent national day on the gate, dealing with the "ticket fiasco" which seeing every single ticket was reprinted just in case, a tiny number we collected on the day.

My local group actually liked the infield, and most people liked the action on the Melbourne loop.

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

• Mike you very keen and there is some good people in your team but I think you fighting a losing battle mate, everyone of your team needs to do it for the love of the club/marque ��

Comment

• I still think Donington is a crap venue
                  Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

£337.00 ?? That doesnt even cover the server and licence fees for this site
                    Originally posted by hally View Post

It's ok dave I've donated my Rsoc membership money to you👍
                    cheeRS Hally its much appreciated
                    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

• Originally posted by Frosticles View Post

I still think Donington is a crap venue
                      Now being managed and run by Jonathon Palmer and Motorsport Vision - I bet it will cost you £5.00 to go to the bog now - he certainly nows how to maximise profits and turnover !
                      cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Now being managed and run by Jonathon Palmer and Motorsport Vision - I bet it will cost you £5.00 to go to the bog now - he certainly nows how to maximise profits and turnover !
                        Good for a track day, Sh ite for a show.
                        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                          I still think Donington is a crap venue
                          Think national day attendance proved that Kevin!

Comment

• I loved 2010 at Stanford hall, was best national day I've been to since the mid 90's
                            Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

• The simple fact is, with all the best intentions in the world the RSOC is no longer big enough to have Donington as a venue, those days are over.
                              sigpic

Comment

• It is when they cant make a profit dude.

Scar just told me the RSOC was growing and better than ever, its hilarious and delusional that croft in its first year made more than national day has just done.

I dont get how they cant make money.....oh yeah no members...

Donington is a very good venue and you could easily make a profit....its not that hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X