Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RSOC and moving forward (this thread started by RS2000CUSTOM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LOUIE View Post
    Seems a sad state of affairs and the offer I had made to open the Rs wa group here in Perth has been declined due to this thread and other things going on..
    Based on what I've seen here Rob are you surprised, I think the attitude stinks and as far as I'm concerned all that bollix can stay in the uk.

Comment

• Originally posted by LOUIE View Post
      the offer I had made to open the Rs wa group here in Perth has been declined due to this thread and other things going on..
      That's bad The club needs all the help it can get. Seems you are guilty by association
      Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• Nothing stopping you getting it up and running, you could have a good starting point, as it will not have the negative influence of what's happening here, ...remember it's about the cars not personalities ....from what I understand you like your car so much it's coming over with you ...that's commitment to the car

Comment

• Originally posted by l j shaw View Post
          Nothing stopping you getting it up and running, you could have a good starting point, as it will not have the negative influence of what's happening here, ...remember it's about the cars not personalities ....from what I understand you like your car so much it's coming over with you ...that's commitment to the car
          Any association with the RS owners club UK count me out.

Comment

• Start a RSE Club,,
            sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

• Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
              That's bad The club needs all the help it can get. Seems you are guilty by association
              Unfortunately it would seem so. All clubs have problems, but the RSOC would appear to be dealing with their problems in a totally arrogant and almost dictatorial way. The 'Our way or no way', attitude that appears to exsist, only seems to be serving to alienate even more people and create two problems for every one that it fixes.

If the rank and file see this going on, and say nothing, then the silence could be seen as a measure of support for these actions of banning members and thus 'guilty by association'.
              We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

• Originally posted by alancdavis View Post
                Start a RSE Club,,
                Up for that.

Comment

• Is every member frightened of the committe ?

Any club has a committe elected by the members to run the club and represent their wishes as to how the club is run

If members are not happy with the committe then either dont vote them in at the AGM or call an extrodanary GM and file a vote of no confidence and remove them

Any club is only as strong as it members so dont just sit back and let it carry on do something about it

This is the way to go with any club and not just a club refered to in this thread
                  sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

• The trouble is come the AGM in February, you get the usual faces turning up, surely if you have a gripe with the club and are a member, the agm is the correct place to bring up problems.

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

Is every member frightened of the committe ?

Any club has a committe elected by the members to run the club and represent their wishes as to how the club is run

If members are not happy with the committe then either dont vote them in at the AGM or call an extrodanary GM and file a vote of no confidence and remove them

Any club is only as strong as it members so dont just sit back and let it carry on do something about it

This is the way to go with any club and not just a club refered to in this thread
                      And once you've removed the entire committee who runs the club ?

Not many people who gripe are then willing to step forward and put their neck on the block.

The vast majority of all members of all clubs pay their subs, read their magazine and keep qt.

It's just the same as politics or daily life, everybody moans but very little changes and the majority just get on with things.

Can I rejoin on line

Son
                      sigpic

Comment

• Very true Paul But by the general feeling of this thread people may be willing to stand

Sorry to sound negative but if this club is to go forword then its up to the members to act and not stand by with a comitte they are unhappy with
                        sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose View Post
                          Based on what I've seen here Rob are you surprised, I think the attitude stinks and as far as I'm concerned all that bollix can stay in the uk.
                          I declined anyway john.. Wouldn't put my name to it in this current climate
                          sigpic

Comment

• The biggest problem with any club committee is that people only usually here one side and make there posts / thoughts on just that one side

If anyone is ever banned its usually for a reason , no committee ban anyone for no reason , so think about that

Its easy to have a pop at anyone who has to make those very hard decissions , but they are based on facts they have at that time

And also remember for every one unhappy member there are usually a whole lot more who are more than happy .

And as said above , if you think that the committee is bad then put your name forward at this years AGM , there is no need for a vote of no confidence as ALL committee positions are up for re-election this year , so lets have some new names put forward
                            Proud to be the RS500 registrar for www.rs500owners.com

Comment

Start a RSE Club,,
                              Not a chance !

I have always stated that RSE is not a club and has no aspirations to become a club

My aim is always to keep this website "free for all to enjoy" and when server/licence fees are due the collecting tray is rattled BUT it is not obligatory to donate.

We also have a small number of traders who assist with the fees and I hope you show your appreciation and support them wherever you can
                              cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

• Paul

I usually sit in the dark on these debates but over the last few weeks I need to reply.

It saddens me to have to share my views being a member of the RSOC for 23 years done the show scene in the mid 90s track days camping, my girls have grown up around my cars weekends away Lakes Tour and at the moment he clubs not where it should be.

This web site rightly not the RSOC and Paul Ruddy’s correct this website should be free of club politics, however its good you started this thread and like Paul R says you do post on here instead of sitting in the dark like most.

Firstly I don’t want offend anyone and just want to share my view on the situation and please feel that you can share this post on the RSOC.

Chairman
                                When the chairman resigned in the summer I believe Kev Cannon should have come in to take the role until the AGM with him being the most experience and the previous chairman.

Leon’s question
                                I think involves your decision to resign from the club committee position before the AGM in February which it does state agreed by the committee that no one should be allowed to return to the committee who had resigned previous (which I have read in the current Rallye News)
                                So with the committee agreeing for you to return to a position back on the committee (Register rep position) looks to me they are changing things as they go along. I know that you were voted in by the registrars and not a member’s thing but it may have been the right thing to take it to the AGM in 2016 to get it agreed from a vote from the room. (They may have stopped a lot of the confusion on this part of upset)

Banned Members
                                It saddens me to think that the committee can come to a quick decision to ban members of the RSOC, I think to ban a member it should be a last resort when all communications have broken down and to be fair I think the party would walk before you would have to ban the said person.
                                The recent one’s I feel are very unfair and are or were valued members with 2 of them being previous directors and officials of the club.
                                The said man who does not live in the Uk passionate RSOC ask questions on the question and answer part of the board.
                                My answer to this remove this part of the board and all question and answers please forward by email to the company sectary (Job done they be no back biting on the forum)
                                For the said man I saw what happened on the board with the other party on the said Friday night righty I did not see the PMS but did see the reply’s on the open forum which looked to me to be playing which started the bun fight and all the reply’s was quickly deleted after he was banned
                                It would be good for you and the RSOC also the other man in question to work things through and all agree a way forward also to allow the banned man to be given his RSOC status back if you can all agree and get on.
                                The said man which was banned this week which I have spoken too and feel that this should not have gone to where it is and believe the RSOC out of order (my Opinion) and the said man should be given his membership back.
                                The 2 banned previous directors of the RSOC have both put a lot of years’ time served and have done some great hard work for the club but in these case’s I don’t have enough information to comment and it would be good to see these resolved.
                                These Bans have caused upset among the members and families and are not good!
                                One further thing most of the upset has been caused by let’s say by the keyboard wizards which people will post things on web forums stuff they would not actually speak to a person face to face!

You have replied to a thread of Instagram in the members area Q & A section and you quote your words

Well im a techno mong
                                I hope this is a posotive move for the club ( cant see any reason why it wont be )

Just needs us techno mongs to learn all about it now

I feel this tone of language coming from a RSOC Club Official is not very acceptable and you would not want anyone from the Ford motor company see this. Also it saddens me to see this type of talk you should act in a professional way.

Does this warrant a BAN?

Come on Paul it would be good for you and the committee to resolve all these issues 2 weeks before Christmas let’s get the RSOC into a good footing for 2016

40th year of the RS 2000 mk2 what year for the old skool I have had the best year this with the 1800s on tour with mex’s lagging behind
                                Also its 20 years since I stated THE WORKS TEAM 1996 was a good year for us in concourse if anyone can remember LOL and with the RSE site we have a good place not forgetting the RSOC for the members.

Please feel free to share my views with the Committee RSOC

Also this thread as had 25000 views so somebody must care!!!!!!!

Regards

D
                                sigpicRS1800s on Tour

Comment

Working...
                                X