Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RSOC and moving forward (this thread started by RS2000CUSTOM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving what reason?
    We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

• Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
      Another sad day today with the banning of Hally. Things need to change.
      I'd ban him too
      Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

• Sounds like if you voice an opinion you get banned ,
        sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

• That's the same on most BB Allen ...I got banned from one as I found out the moderators where reading pm and then acting on them in there own interests

Comment

• Originally posted by Chesney View Post
            I'd ban him too

Son thanks for support lol

Ginger knobber
            Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

• Originally posted by l j shaw View Post
              That's the same on most BB Allen ...I got banned from one as I found out the moderators where reading pm and then acting on them in there own interests

So PRIVATE Message means nothing ,
              sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

• Not on that site lol

Comment

• Originally posted by alancdavis View Post

So PRIVATE Message means nothing ,
                  Please clarify if you are insinuating I or Gizmo (the only site admin) read PM's on here !

NOTE:- The modified software that allows BB admin/Mods to read PM's IS NOT installed on this site
                  cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

• Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                    Another sad day today with the banning of Hally. Things need to change.
                    Just reading this news , absolutely shocking news from the rsoc , anyone who knows Wayne will know that this is out of order tbh , obviously if you speak your mind against elected officials you can have your say as it's a free country , but to ban someone I presume because of his posts or something he has said is just out of order

Absolutely disgusting I am afraid tbh

Comment

• Sorry to keep ranting , but at last year's agm I suggested that the rsoc forum should shut down for a winter break from say October to end of February as between these months there is nothing happening and if you probably look that is when the site becomes a school ground fighting area

Comment

• Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
                        Please clarify if you are insinuating I or Gizmo (the only site admin) read PM's on here !

NOTE:- The modified software that allows BB admin/Mods to read PM's IS NOT installed on this site

I an not not suggesting anything of the sort this happens on RSE , and apologise if it sounding I was suggesting this.

What I was saying that which ever site it was refering to then the word Private seems to be not the case
                        sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

• Seems to be the in thing at the minute for people who have an opinion ...either ban a person or attempt to discredit them...
                          The latest one I heard this weekend is that apparently I keep the track money from the croft show....hmmm now who has also had a simaler accusation placed on them too
                          sigpic
                          0191 4272186
                          www.carpartsexpress.co.uk

Comment

• RSOC membership revoked

If you are a member of the RSOC you are probably aware that in the members section there can be heated debates about the running of the club.
                            And also of the moderation (i.e. deleting posts and threads) that's going on if and when the committee / moderators feel they are "under attack"
                            by the members they call 'stirrers' and/or 'people who want to cause trouble just for the sake of it'.
                            What I tried to explain to the committee/moderators on the RSOC forum was that these 'stirrers' are actually caring (long-time) members who want
                            what is going in within the club and why especially if there are things going on that are not normal liek missing money from ND or another
                            committee member who suddenly resigns.
                            I for one think I have the right to ask explanations about these things, just open questions without accusing anyone of anything.
                            And if I do not get an answer to my questions (a reply does not have to be an answer) I will keep asking.
                            Alas the committee and moderators see these questions as a direct attack on their job within the RSOC.
                            Resulting as said in deleted posts/threads which will lead to even more questions.
                            The committee/moderators do not seem to understand that with all the moderation and handing out infractions and bans they are showing to be
                            incompetent at doing their RSOC-job.

Three weeks ago I received an infraction because I posted a funny remark (complete with lots of smilies) towards the committee.
                            Okay if you are sensitive about remarks about your work as an RSOC official maybe you can get a bit ****ed off, but look at the smilies and
                            one should understand that it is meant funny. No explanation by the moderator who gave me the infraction, no replies no a post in the Q&A
                            section, no replies to pm's.

Then 10 days ago there again was a discussion about moderation on the forum and I decided to pm one of members who was quite emotional about it all.
                            Just to give him my side of the story and to hear his, without everyone watching what we wrote.
                            After several pm's back and forth (with the usual accusations of being a stirrer etc) I wrote something that boiled his **** in such a way that he
                            forwarded the pm-discussion to the committee/moderators and posted some of it online.
                            Fifteen minutes later I was banned for one year.
                            I then emailed KevC (president) and Nick (chairman) that I wanted to know what was going on and if the ban meant I still would receive RN
                            and if I could visit the AGM or not plus that I wanted to file a formal complaint against the member who I pm'd with because in my view pm's
                            are private message's and not be posted or forwarded.

Today I received an email from the RSOC committee that because of what I said in a pm and quote
                            "Having also taken into account the general tone of your recent postings on the forums" unquote
                            they revoke my membership of the RSOC as a whole.
                            Oh yes, I can appeal but I will have no chance of winning that.
                            So I am thrown out of the club I have been supporting for over 25 years by the jokers at the top table because they are unable to handle
                            questions about things that re going on properly.
                            Looking at the people who "thanked" the member I pm'd with for his "usefull post" in several threads, I never stood a chance.

Maybe this issue will trigger more members to ask questions and possibly file a vote of no confidence.

Regards, Leon.

PS: when I say committee and moderators I mean the committee and moderators as a whole.

Comment

• Shocking Leon

I think that now the club may die a slow death , I feel for the long term good members , registrars and past presidents of this once fine club , as it now seems they have gone a step too far as far as I can see .

Comment

• Leon,
                                Doesn't make good reading this.
                                What makes me crazy is there are posts within this thread from a current committee member calling the integrity of an ex chairman and our club accountants into question, yet no action is taken against this person.
                                As you know I was removed from the RSOC for a tongue in cheek face book page and set up with a less than flattering profile pic.
                                Some of these people really need to get off their high horses and get a grip on reality.
                                I do believe their actions of late however justified they may or may not be could wake up a sleeping giant who will have their say. The problem is it seems the only place you can do this is the AGM, if this happens I fear for the structure of the club and more importantly the one person who really matters is our club administrator who is the only paid employee of the company
                                Very sad times, I seen written on here give the new committee a chance, from what I can see it has gone from being a stable environment to being a volatile one and getting worse.
                                I have been removed from the rsoc until November next year, unless there is dramatic change I will stay away, I just hope there is enough people at the AGM to enforce the change.

Comment

Working...
                                X