Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The RSOC and moving forward (this thread started by RS2000CUSTOM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaz the valuation is probably worth the membership fee alone, and you'll still get the magazine which is much improved this year (thats not a criticism of what gone previously)
    National day was also much improved this year so if you did choose to go to a show you'll get discounted entry and if you choose to go in your car then you can go on a stand, whether that be a registrar stand or local group rather than the car park.
    not everythings doom and gloom surrounding the club but there does seem a few issues to address to go along with some of the positives. if people aren't bothered about that side of things then please don't let it spoil the enjoyment of the other aspects of it that you do enjoy, or could enjoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GAZ W View Post
      Ive been a member since 1997/8 and my membership expires in feb , I just cant see any reason now to renew .
      I don't attend many shows now within the rsoc to display my car on stand

I haven't been to a local meet for about 3 years

Only thing I will miss is the valuation , but im sure there are many independent valuers out there that could value my car for me when its due

See how I feel in feb when the renewel is due
      Gas, I've been in the Club since 1985 and my latest 3 year renewal has just come up. I don't own an RS at the minute but the RS Owners Club has been an important part of my growing up and I have many friends because of the shows I attended and more recently the Forums I use.

I am struggling to justify £75 for the next 3 years for a magazine I don't read properly, especially when I am RS less. But I also have a passionate loyalty to the Club and would hate to think that apathy on my behalf and others could see the RS Owners Club dissappear.

I will probably call Emma in the New Year to renew my Membership and try to make an effort to go to a couple of shows in 2015.
      Cheers

Comment

• I always wondered what I actually got for my money with the club and its now beginning to be clear!

..and don't get me started on valuations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Gas, I've been in the Club since 1985 and my latest 3 year renewal has just come up. I don't own an RS at the minute but the RS Owners Club has been an important part of my growing up and I have many friends because of the shows I attended and more recently the Forums I use.

I am struggling to justify £75 for the next 3 years for a magazine I don't read properly, especially when I am RS less. But I also have a passionate loyalty to the Club and would hate to think that apathy on my behalf and others could see the RS Owners Club dissappear.

I will probably call Emma in the New Year to renew my Membership and try to make an effort to go to a couple of shows in 2015.
          Martin
          I always thought that you have to own a RS to be a member
          Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

• Originally posted by Andyc View Post
            Martin
            I always thought that you have to own a RS to be a member
            There are 2 memberships Andy

full ( if you own an rs )

Associate if you dont own an rs but would still like to be a member
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

Martin

As im sure you will agree , It doesnt matter who you like or who you dont like . It also doesnt matter who is on the top table or who isnt , We have a great club and we all should try to get along and enjoy it

The last 18 months has just simply been a battle based on mostly incorrect facts and the fact people dont like change , nothing more nothing less

The club will be hear for many years to come , no matter what people try and do to those who run it

Paul

Ps, Im glad you will rejoin
              Proud to be the RS500 registrar for www.rs500owners.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Chesney View Post
                me too, he just doesn't like wankers!!!
                You are a bit slow with your responce

Comment

• Originally posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES View Post
                  The last 18 months has just simply been a battle based on mostly incorrect facts and the fact people dont like change , nothing more nothing less

The club will be here for many years to come , no matter what people try and do to those who run it
                  Hello Paul,

as you know from some time ago I do not like loosely made statements like "based on mostly oncorrect facts" .
                  I've asked you before to explain yourselves (even via pm would be ok) but then some committee member told you to shut up.
                  So again, be brave son, and tell me (us) what those incorrect facts are.

Also, you insinuate that there are people are trying to do 'things' to the committeemembers; I guess you mean the so-called troublemakers you referred to earlier.
                  Please try and see it from the members point of view.
                  As you say people do not want change, well the way the RSOC committee deals with the changes they see fit is not a good way to convince the members that this is the right way forward.
                  Instead of deleting/closing threads etc. try to explain what it is you want changed and try and get the members to want the same thing. It's basic psychology mate, let people come up themselves with the changes that are needed.

With reference to an earlier post of yourselves, it's just coincidental that some RSOC members are online when some things are posted on that forum. Trust me, no need to be paranoid.

Regards, Leon.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven f View Post
                    You are a bit slow with your responce
                    He's ginger, Of course he's slow.
                    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Miniliteman View Post
                      Hello Paul,

With reference to an earlier post of yourselves, it's just coincidental that some RSOC members are online when some things are posted on that forum. Trust me, no need to be paranoid.

Regards, Leon.
                      Lol,
                      Proud to be the RS500 registrar for www.rs500owners.com

Comment

• Originally posted by kas750 View Post
                        I always wondered what I actually got for my money with the club and its now beginning to be clear!

..and don't get me started on valuations.
                        As I told you If it had been an Australian reshell you'd of got more...

Have I got a deal for you
                        sigpic

Comment

• I don't have any issues with this or any other committee as ive never got involved with the politics of the running of the club , for me ive always got out of the club exactly what I needed
                          Im sure everyone who has ever been on the committee has always had the best intentions for the club and its members (why would anyone want to run a club any other way)

Just, for me at this moment in time there is no real need other than wanting to be a member of a club of the best marque of car out there

(Im pretty sure I will renew when it come to the time though )
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GAZ W View Post
                            I don't have any issues with this or any other committee as ive never got involved with the politics of the running of the club , for me ive always got out of the club exactly what I needed
                            Im sure everyone who has ever been on the committee has always had the best intentions for the club and its members (why would anyone want to run a club any other way)

Just, for me at this moment in time there is no real need other than wanting to be a member of a club of the best marque of car out there

(Im pretty sure I will renew when it come to the time though )
                            Only fully paid up RSOC members are allowed to ride bitch at the Lakes 2015
                            Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• For my 2 pence worth, I have been a member of the RSOC for over ten years, and will keep paying my membership as insurance and bits make it more than worthwhile for me.
                              However, I do worry about committee turn over, if it was a business with staff turnover that high, it would be being looked into.
                              But I am also aware the a nice person in the flesh can be a complete keyboard warrior, and they aren't good for clubs.

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

• Originally posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES View Post
                                Lol,
                                Paul,

a reply to the rest of my post would be nice.
                                A simple 'lol' is not good enough, as you are on here as an RSOC committee member.

Leon.

Comment

Working...
                                X