Couldnt keep away from the old school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldnt keep away from the old school

So Ive bought this to keep me busy , Honda CB400n , yeah yeah I know they are sh ite But Ive allways loved them
    Having a full nut and bolt resto

Not passed my test yet but got it in the next couple of months

sigpic

It's the 250 that was proper shite..the 400 was relatively quick..make sure the costs don't get out of hand though as you can buy one done for fairly small money.

Comment

Originally posted by kas750 View Post
      It's the 250 that was proper shite..the 400 was relatively quick..make sure the costs don't get out of hand though as you can buy one done for fairly small money.
      What do you call fairly small money ?

The ebay ones that ive seen , that look to be done to a good standard seem to be £1500 and above
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W View Post
        What do you call fairly small money ?

The ebay ones that ive seen , that look to be done to a good standard seem to be £1500 and above
        Trust me 1500 quid won't even touch the sides if you want to do that right.

Comment

Trust me 1500 quid won't even touch the sides if you want to do that right.

It wont be done to anal RS concours standard...lol

I just want it to look nice and not bothered about finding all original parts , as long as it looks and rides ok I'll be happy
          sigpic

Comment

Keep a note and let us know what it costs.

Comment

Keep a note and let us know what it costs.
              Roughly how much do you think this will cost me to get it to a reasonable standard ?
              As said not too bothered about hunting for original parts
              sigpic

Comment

Gaz my neighbour has nearly finished his Suzuki gt250 and he reckons it's cost him nearly 5k plus buying the bike, his fizzie cost about 4k to restore.

Comment

If I ever wanted a 400 superdream i would just buy a roadworthy original bike.

I wouldn't have a clue how much to not do a proper job as when you cut corners the sky is the limit..lol!

If you went down the resto route then you need to make it the best one on the planet or not bother otherwise you are just spunking money away.

As an example when I do a triple it costs about 3.5k and I do lots of the work myself and have found the best/cheapest place for everything.

Comment

Working...
                  X