Great buy from a great guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great buy from a great guy

On 1st March I bought this beauty from a member on here. He was a true gent, honest, considerate, knowledgeable... I love this car to bits... Drove three hours straight, didn't miss a beat...

The buying experience was great, you can't beat a private sale from an enthusiast. That's the seller, thank you Martyn!

Martyn saying goodbye to HON 80N
    sigpic

Lovely looking car you got there mate, nice one

Comment

Thats good to hear. We hear a lot of stories when a bad deal happens, but there are plenty of honest guys out there too. well done.
      Drive & enjoy.

Robert
      sigpic

Comment

Good to hear something positive! Nice looking car!

Comment

Very nice, like the plate too

Comment

Very nice ,,, best colour for a MK1
            sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Bloody hell Doyle you have sold it Time to use the more door now
              Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

nice one, looks great

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys... yes, 'Doyle' sold her and is looking for something special to replace her with. He's keeping the more door as it is so original.

This is the car that I've always wanted from being a boy... my dream car. 5 years ago I bought a toy RS2000, 2 years ago my wife bought me a large RS2000 poster in the same colour, it's in our dining room... now I have the real thing!

'Doyle' Martyn, the seller, was so considerate. He picked me up from the train station, gave me a tasty posh coffee, drove me down to the Post Office to tax her then suggested I followed him to the motorway to make it easier for me. A real gentleman and a great car.

He's spent many hours getting the engine bay looking gorgeous, building the engine etc... he also drove it to Le Mans and did the Lakes Tour in her.

My general rule for buying is, if the car has been owned more than 3 years by the current owner and they are genuinely sad about selling it, the car must be good. Martyn owed the car for 7/8 years and was very sad to see her go.

She's in good hands now. I love this car more than any other I've had!
                  sigpic

Comment

Did the yellow one go then ?
                    sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

What a nice car and a grand lad is Doyle Here she is in Bolton before a Lakes tour can't remember what year 2010

I'm thinking 2010
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

www.oscars.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by laney View Post
                        What a nice car and a grand lad is Doyle Here she is in Bolton before a Lakes tour can't remember what year 2010

I'm thinking 2010
                        Thanks for the post... car looks good with the fogs on...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alancdavis View Post
                          Did the yellow one go then ?
                          Yellow one ends on eBay tomorrow... up to £13,800 at the moment. It owes me £20k but that's the price you pay for having a stupid addiction to old Fords...

Anything above £14k will be donated to Cancer Research... if it only goes a little above £14k I will donate more as my crazy Dad passed away from cancer 2 years ago.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thrashermax View Post
                            Yellow one ends on eBay tomorrow... up to £13,800 at the moment. It owes me £20k but that's the price you pay for having a stupid addiction to old Fords...

Anything above £14k will be donated to Cancer Research... if it only goes a little above £14k I will donate more as my crazy Dad passed away from cancer 2 years ago.
                            Let's hope it goes for more, that's a great gesture mate, lost my dad last year to the dreaded big C.
                            CheeRS

Mickey Stewart

Comment

I,d say you haven't stopped smiling yet,enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X