Top gear..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top gear..

It was actually embarrassing watching that shite!

So how many idiots will copy the 80s car games

Should rename the show to the three stooges
    sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Would have been better using 80s cars as well

Comment

There was a similar thread a few years ago

maybe on another forum , think it was TurboSport

People seemed to winge every week

the general view was

if ya gunna moan don't watch it

Simples

Comment

If anyone has restored a nova sr or sport they're not going to be happy with tg showing how to start with no keys...............

Comment

Car games

Swopping driver whilst on the move, box ticked donkeys years ago.

Still Old Man Clarkson did well to get out of that small door window accross the roof and back in again, try in on the width of a normal road though and not a 100m wide airfield! (Private road of course).

Best Regards
            Phill
            AVO 5001

Comment

sat and watched a couple of episodes of the professionals instead
              Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

car show for idiots

Originally posted by kas750 View Post
                It was actually embarrassing watching that shite!
                completely agree with you.i thought i would watch a whole show just to see if anything had improved,and it hadn't i will revert to recording it and picking out anything decent.
                what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

It was crap I think thay are running out of idears I was playing in the garage and came out to watch it doh!!
                  sigpic

www.oscars.co.uk

Comment

Watched today. Toss really

Comment

Load of shite as usual . I never watch it until it's on catch up TV as then you can fast forward all the crap bits . This week it was 100% fast forward .
                      sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                      Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                      12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

I’ve always thought that the ‘new’ Top Gear is awful I used to like it in the mid to late 90’s when they had a greater variety of content and presenters. When they covered reviews, motor sport, classic cars, buying advice, motorbikes etc. The first and last time I watched the new Top Gear must have been around 2006/07 they were repeats on Dave I watched a number of episodes to see what all the fuss was about I couldn’t believe how boring it was all the episodes seemed to have the same format each week.

Bloke in a jump suit and crash helmet drives a fast car fast round a track.

Jeremy Clarkson interviews some ’celebrity’ I’ve never heard of (usually from a reality TV show or cookery program etc) he asks them what their first car was they say it was a Honda Accord, Jeremy makes fun of that even though then they were a student and it was 1986, then they talk about their new book/TV series/whatever (the reason why they agreed to go on there in the first place) then they drive either a Suzuki or Kia round a track whilst a camera records them pulling funny faces with bleeped out swearing. They then have to try and pretend they actually care how many minutes it took them.

Then there’s a bit where Jeremy and Richard have some car names on magnetic cards and they pin them on a metal board, the joke that is repeated every week is that Jeremy puts them high on the board so Richard can’t reach them.

There’s an outdoor filmed part where they buy some crap car for a hundred quid something like a twelve year old VW Golf with rusty arches, they laugh at the rusty arches then strap a washing machine to the roof and one of them drives it into a lake whilst the other two roll about on the bank in hysterics.

I don’t know if it’s still like that but all the episodes I saw were I couldn’t believe how terrible it was, everything was obviously scripted with a few xenophobic or far right comments thrown in for shock value and they all spoke in a weird put on sarcastic tone of voice. I’m guessing the newer series has a different format so can’t comment on that. I’m sure they must have dropped the parts with that magnetic board and the celebrity driving a car a long time ago as that was the worst part of all.

Comment

Originally posted by In The Pit View Post
                          I’ve always thought that the ‘new’ Top Gear is awful I used to like it in the mid to late 90’s when they had a greater variety of content and presenters. When they covered reviews, motor sport, classic cars, buying advice, motorbikes etc. The first and last time I watched the new Top Gear must have been around 2006/07 they were repeats on Dave I watched a number of episodes to see what all the fuss was about I couldn’t believe how boring it was all the episodes seemed to have the same format each week.

Bloke in a jump suit and crash helmet drives a fast car fast round a track.

Jeremy Clarkson interviews some ’celebrity’ I’ve never heard of (usually from a reality TV show or cookery program etc) he asks them what their first car was they say it was a Honda Accord, Jeremy makes fun of that even though then they were a student and it was 1986, then they talk about their new book/TV series/whatever (the reason why they agreed to go on there in the first place) then they drive either a Suzuki or Kia round a track whilst a camera records them pulling funny faces with bleeped out swearing. They then have to try and pretend they actually care how many minutes it took them.

Then there’s a bit where Jeremy and Richard have some car names on magnetic cards and they pin them on a metal board, the joke that is repeated every week is that Jeremy puts them high on the board so Richard can’t reach them.

There’s an outdoor filmed part where they buy some crap car for a hundred quid something like a twelve year old VW Golf with rusty arches, they laugh at the rusty arches then strap a washing machine to the roof and one of them drives it into a lake whilst the other two roll about on the bank in hysterics.

I don’t know if it’s still like that but all the episodes I saw were I couldn’t believe how terrible it was, everything was obviously scripted with a few xenophobic or far right comments thrown in for shock value and they all spoke in a weird put on sarcastic tone of voice. I’m guessing the newer series has a different format so can’t comment on that. I’m sure they must have dropped the parts with that magnetic board and the celebrity driving a car a long time ago as that was the worst part of all.
                          I had the misfortune to watch an episode in maybe 2010 and it was still pretty much as you describe. Clarkson smugger still, with his two cronies giggling away.

Comment

Stopped watching it last series after they done the bit about caravaning . What a load of shite who ever does there research needs sacking ,they went to various shops brought stuff and then took it down the tip and said that's what caravanners do , what rubbish

Comment

Give it a rest you lot. It's bad enough having to endure cold dark nights for the winter months with no car or bike racing to watch, ride or drive without you adding to the 'doom and glume'
                              A bit of light entertainment on a Sunday evening was very welcome.
                              Learn't nothing about cars (other than how to pinch a nova!) but spent the whole hour laughing
                              Please please please can I be in the 'Clique'

Comment

Working...
                              X