bummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough news - sorry to hear.
    Relatives of mine have found the livestrong site very useful for second opinions etc.

Time for a Churchill quote: 'If you're going through hell, keep going'.

Laurie
    sigpic

Comment

well got back home on sunday went pretty well took out kidney and first tumor had to leave a little of the tumor but they hope to get that and the other smaller tumors with other treatment should know in 2 weeks or so what happens next ,need 8 weeks to get over this before they try anything .Its sore as anything but hopefully over next wee while it will calm down ,but its not a recomended way to lose weight permanently lol, thanks everybody for keeping in touch has been much appreciated by my family and i

Comment

thanks guys i also have to say how good our hospital in town was and raigmore hospital (inverness)they were polite,friendly and profensional in there approach and last but not least Macmillan cancer nurses all left me with the feeling that I/we were not alone in this .I have still a long way to go before i am out of this but with this level of care along with my friends/family i feel very positive about my future

Comment

take care Ian and best wishes

Comment

sorry to hear about this, keep positive hope you get well soon

Comment

Hi Ian,

Really hope you are more comfortable soon and can relax before your next phase of treatment.

I give to Macmillan nursing as I know a few people who tell me how great they are when they and their families needed them

Best wishes to you and your family mate
              Steve

Comment

Just seen this, hope the surgery recovery goes well.
                Fingers crossed for you, and wishing you a speedy recovery, have a nurse or two to help.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Originally posted by hotrs2000 View Post
                  Just seen this, hope the surgery recovery goes well.
                  Fingers crossed for you, and wishing you a speedy recovery, have a nurse or two to help.
                  unfortunately they didnt look like this but if they had would prob have stayed in longer

Comment

only been on here a short while and don`t know many folk, but can only echo the wishes of your mates. best wishes from a total stranger!

Comment

Originally posted by TugsW View Post
                      Hi Ian,

Really hope you are more comfortable soon and can relax before your next phase of treatment.

I give to Macmillan nursing as I know a few people who tell me how great they are when they and their families needed them

Best wishes to you and your family mate

yes they have been really good to me/family and set my mind at rest always there when needed

Comment

Sorry to hear this Ian, wishing you a speedy recovery.

CheeRS
                        Martin

Comment

All the best with your treatment Ian.

Comment

Hi Iain, I'm really glad to hear that the first part of your treatment went ok for you and that everyone has helped to make you feel happier and positive about things now. It's good that treatment has started quickly and you are well on your way to fighting back. Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you matey and I'm looking forward to hearing how things are progressing for you.

Keep in touch with us and take good care, Tim

Comment

Sorry hear that 8
                              Hope u get thu it.
                              Wee all be thinking of u at this as us ford guys stick together in this life.try to support everyone keep fighting on.
                              dav

Comment

well went back to specilist in inverness and didnt get very good news turns out i have a rare strain of cancer and they cannot cure it ,but they gave me this tablet i take every morning .This tablet is supposed to slow things down ,he hopes if it works could get a couple of years maybe up to 5 years they are not sure as everybody is differnt and who knows might get longer anyway they might find something else in this time .I am not dissapointed or disheartend as always knew it would go either way and had accepted . i will stay positive will live my life and enjoy it so went out to mot the mex and tax tomorrow couldnt ask for better therapy

Comment

Working...
                                X