All 39 DVLA local offices are scheduled for closure by the end of 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
    Used the one at Carlisle quite a bit for cherished plate transfers, excellent staff and will be a big loss. I had a plate on retention, decided to put it on my car before the branch closed as I don't fancy sending all the paperwork in the post.

If you send anything, take photocopies first and send by registered post.

Cheers
    Agree, I used Carlisle loads as do all the local garages and it will be a massive loss as the staff are excellent and a plate swap usually took 2-3 days max and sometimes was done same day
    Cheers

Comment

Carlisle was my local too, i'm with you Paul, they offered a good service.
      I can't imagine yet how they are going to dish out all of the different jobs the office handled. I believe VOSA will do the inspections, and likely the post offices will pick up some extra too. I bet they can't wait to shut the P.O.s too

Comment

We used to go to Dundee to change private plates and it was all done on the day.
        A private plate going on retention now takes 4-6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Agree, I used Carlisle loads as do all the local garages and it will be a massive loss as the staff are excellent and a plate swap usually took 2-3 days max and sometimes was done same day
          Just had one take 5 weeks I now don't really want to buy cars that have plates on them as they are just parked up with no documents and you can't sell them till its all sorted

Comment

Working...
          X