Anybody buying ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying
    Well sadly I have dug some big holes in a few parts of my Discovery 2 while changing the drop links and knocked out some lumps of E-metal, and will join the thread

An impending house move to a renovation house , I can't spend much as I would like, as I need to buy a cheap Transit (£1K-1.5K) for lugging stuff about (I know cheap and Transits do not go well together). Would quite like a little Puma as a get around car, or some sort of Subaru Impreza for some fun.

A Porsche 944 would be perfect for my dog Fred as he is a Greyhound and would fit perfectly wedged behind the front seats .

Anyone recommend a Puma over and Impreza or vis versa or something fun at the 2k mark, MPG don't matter as I get a plane and helicopter to work
    Steve

Comment

Not to beat the same drum but £2k would get you an early Porsche 944 with the bullet proof 2.5 litre engine, parts are easy to come by and cheap if something does go wrong and it will drive better than a Puma. I'll back this up by saying I also like a Pumas and have looked at loads but they don't carry their age well, very few without rotten rear arches , I nearly bought a brand new Puma when they first came out, in Pacifica blue, was gonna px my MK5 RS2000.
      sigpic

Comment

I was buying a few months back.
        After selling the Mexico I needed to fill the hole in the garage!
        The chosen car needed to be relatively classic(appreciating would be a bonus). Able to seat 2 adults and 2 kids, be fun to drive and not cost a fortune on upkeep.
        That ruled out a saff cossie cos a good one was out of budget!
        Went for a BMW e30 325i sport.
        I,ve used it more in the last 4 months than I did the mk2 in 4 years!
        sigpic GC Automotive
        Repairs & Restoration tel-07805611316

Comment

Originally posted by pinto48s;663955

I was buying a few months back.

Went for a BMW e30 325i sport.
          I,ve used it more in the last 4 months than I did the mk2 in 4 years!
          Great cars, when me and my mates were commissioning a new building at work there was overtime for man and dog, with cash to spare we all fancied a 325i Sport, pretty sure Dolphin Grey was the preferred colour, we took it in turns to buy the Autotrader on Thursdays (pre t'internet) for a BMW hunt ......we all ended up with big bumper Golf GTi's , don't know what happened there ...
          sigpic

Comment

looks like weve just missed out on the 944 thing,

a new addition to the household down here, son lewis has wanted a MK1 Focus RS for a long time now, (remember driving one when new, didn't really appeal to me tbh) well he has saved up and sold his rallye and motorbike, so the hunt was on, looked at a few around the southern area, spent a lot of time at national day looking at them, (slowly growing on me by now) well at ford fair one was for sale and a deal was done. A few weeks now im really liking these cars, and have seen a steady rise in prices for good cars.
            At first I didn't want a 20 year old getting into these cars but insurance wasn't bad either.

now back to buying, looking for a good 2003 fiesta low cc for daughter when she passes test, must be red or black

MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

House and gardens are looking well son
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
                House and gardens are looking well son
                not quite like ruddy towers though
                MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment