How close.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How close.....

...... Can you realistically get a carcoon to a wall? Can you zip one side up before putting car on the base??

My mk2 is stuffed right up against the garage wall in its carcoon

Comment

How do you do it?? Zip top cover first?

Comment

Have you got one already or thinking of buying one?
        sigpic
        Proper rallying is done down the lanes!

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
          How do you do it?? Zip top cover first?
          Left enough of a gap to crawl down the side and zip it up. The bubble inflates against the wall.

I often sit inside the bubble and play Michael Jackson music

Comment

Originally posted by RS_Fiesta View Post
            I did have a cair-o-port for years but the way my new garage is wider than the door so i cant run straight into it so i sold it. Was thinking of buying frameless, but i need to get it right over cos i want as much room left over as poss

Comment

Originally posted by RS_Fiesta View Post
              I did have a cair-o-port for years but the way my new garage is wider than the door so i cant run straight into it so i sold it. Was thinking of buying frameless, but i need to get it right over cos i want as much room left over as poss.

That is what i do with it if im not using it for a while, put it on rollerskates and push it right over, ive got two bits of 9" joist on the floor to stop the skates getting too close to the wall, ideally id like the carcoon to be that close but there is no way id get down there to zip up

Comment

sigpicRS1800s on Tour

Comment

Needs to be over more than that!

Comment

This is what i have and its spot on,did quite a bit of research before choosing a storage bag/chamber and quite a few people complaining of damp cars in carcoons etc so went for the Permabag option.But each to their own
                    sigpic
                    Proper rallying is done down the lanes!

Comment

I used an air chamber one you can drive into and is held ridged like a tent with poles.

Found it great! But the second you open it the moisture from the air somehow attracts its self to the car and it gets a film of damp on it, you think its there all the time but it isnt, its only when you open it up.

As soon as you close it back up and switch fans on you can see the moisture disapear.

I thought the damp was there all the time so i put some of those things you pop in your windows at home to stop the damp and attract the moisture, i put one in the air chamber, and they stayed dry.

Ive not used a car coon, but found the air chamber good.

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
                        Needs to be over more than that!

sigpicRS1800s on Tour

Comment

Too close !!!

Comment

Like the Parkin at my local tescos

Comment

mines been in a n outdoor carcoon for near 18 months, its only 6" of the drive wall,, and its been fine even in the wind and snow,, ive had the carcoon in use for the past 5 year,, the suns uv kill them being outside year in year out

infact i better go and look see if the car is still in the bubble

Comment

Working...
                              X