Best impreza to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best impreza to buy?

Always liked these but never had one. I like the look and stats of the sti type UK with the prodrive kit or a WR1. They seem like a lot of car for the money.
    Have any of you had/got one and what do you think?
    Please please please can I be in the 'Clique'

cue the Bald Work Shy one to reply to this

By the way I agree with your thoughts , however I think an EVO might be a better option and a little different to the thousands of Scoobys that are out there.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skids View Post

By the way I agree with your thoughts , however I think an EVO might be a better option and a little different to the thousands of Scoobys that are out there.
      i have a scooby but evo is loads better car

Comment

For reliability buy a subaru every time. Evo's are hard work, impreza's are just great. Wr1 is a great car but buy standard and avoid modified shitters.
        Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

I have the 2.5L wagon. I love it! Its great if you want to lug stuff about as the saloon doesnt have seats that fold down. Mines been mapped subtly to 255bhp up from the 230bhp std. But be aware of the road tax for the larger engined cars, just had my road tax renewal for the end of the month, £475 per anum

Comment

I've had 9 of them and sold a few others as well. I've owned 2 x 2001 WRX's, 3 x 2003 STI's, a 2004, a 2005 STI and 2 x 2006 STI's, all UK models. My pick of the bunch would be the 2005 STI Type UK with DCCD. I would not get too worked up by the fact that some have the Prodrive package fitted and taking the power to a claimed 305BHP, as I would far rather have a car that has been properly mapped by one of the many tuners to a safe 340-350BHP.
            The WR1 is a very nice car but the prices always seem to way above what they are worth. Most 2006 STI's are in the higher tax bracket (after 23rd March 06)and many have suffered head gasket or piston ring failure.
            The 03-05 STI is pretty much bullet proof if looked after correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
              I've had 9 of them and sold a few others as well. I've owned 2 x 2001 WRX's, 3 x 2003 STI's, a 2004, a 2005 STI and 2 x 2006 STI's, all UK models. My pick of the bunch would be the 2005 STI Type UK with DCCD. I would not get too worked up by the fact that some have the Prodrive package fitted and taking the power to a claimed 305BHP, as I would far rather have a car that has been properly mapped by one of the many tuners to a safe 340-350BHP.
              The WR1 is a very nice car but the prices always seem to way above what they are worth. Most 2006 STI's are in the higher tax bracket (after 23rd March 06)and many have suffered head gasket or piston ring failure.
              The 03-05 STI is pretty much bullet proof if looked after correctly.
              Useful info. Did you use use the 'DCCD' much and did it make a significant difference or is it a bit 'gimicky'?

Comment

I've owned a couple of Impreza's both a classic WRX and an STI Type UK with Full Prodrive kit.

Fantastic cars, ultra reliable, reasonably quick in a straight line, phenomenal road holding with the right tyres.

Only downside was REAR struts, its a common problem with them, I went through three sets on the STI.

Also as previously mentioned beware of engine problems on the 2.5ltr cars.

Would I buy again - Yes

Comment

Owned a few, this was my last.

GB270

If you don't mind REGULAR!! Trips to the petrol station then buy one.

Had a Prodrive classic wagon a few years back and equally as good.

Sold both due to the shocking MPG, drive them how you should and you'll struggle to get into the 20's
                  Getting bored with the idiots

Comment

2.5 impreza's have pistons made of chocolate,if you try and increase the boost too much then the pistons sh*ts itself and the ringlands break,
                    best to by sti as has slightly better pistons or go for one that has had a rebuit engine using fully forged internals,
                    oh and fuel consumption is pants!!!
                    i have just sold my classic sti which was fully rebuilt with forged internals.

its all down to power,,if you will be happy with std power or will the bug bite and you want to increase power,thats when it eats your hard earned....

head gaskets can be another common problem,,as is rear shocks on new age cars..
                    if you go for a modified one make shure its been properly mapped by a well known mapper..

Comment

Originally posted by Skids View Post

Helooooooooooooooooo.

I had a STi Type UK Prodrive wide body. Quite simply the best thing to drive on 4 wheels.
                      I only sold mine as it was my everyday car and was horrendous running cost wise. I only saw 23 mpg tops.
                      I would certainly have another one as a toy though

Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type UK Wide Track by kevaruka, on Flickr
                      Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

why complain about MPG on a performance car

frosty you're a knob.
                        Life is Racing......
                        sigpic
                        everything else is just waiting

...or buftying.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                          Helooooooooooooooooo.

I had a STi Type UK Prodrive wide body. Quite simply the best thing to drive on 4 wheels.
                          I only sold mine as it was my everyday car and was horrendous running cost wise. I only saw 23 mpg tops.
                          I would certainly have another one as a toy though

Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type UK Wide Track by kevaruka, on Flickr
                          Perfect spec, Perfect colour Frosty. Looks very nice.
                          Did you have the DCCD on yours? If so did you use it and did it make much difference?

Found a 2002 model which i also like the shape of but it's sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Groupcracer View Post
                            why complain about MPG on a performance car

frosty you're a knob.

The novelty of 200 miles from a £70 tank of fuel wears thin very quickly I can assure you.
                            Getting bored with the idiots

Comment

Originally posted by FLATCAP40 View Post
                              Perfect spec, Perfect colour Frosty. Looks very nice.
                              Did you have the DCCD on yours? If so did you use it and did it make much difference?

Found a 2002 model which i also like the shape of but it's sold.

http://www.zamann.co.uk/used-cars/su...01246492564893
                              Yes. Had DCCD. very handy when it snowed. Nice to play with as you can shift the bias towards the rear or, lock all 4 wheels for true 4wd.
                              Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Working...
                              X