Couldn't resist it.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't resist it.......

Well, I managed to stay MKII RS2000-less for a total of 6 days before I gave way to temptation......

I had the good luck to find a 1980 'V' plate white MKII Custom model with 111k miles on the clock. Every MOT, Tax disc and bill ever spent, one owner for the last 22 years and before that owned by a Ford dealer as a demonstrator.

Interior is chocolate and totally unmarked as new, no speaker holes, no sunroof. A bit unusual is the fact that although the car is a Custom, the dealer ordered it from Ford with base seats. All the other Custom bits are there except the seats, the 'one owner' said that the dealer did this as the Recaro's were deemed a bit uncomfortable at the time !

So I'm now on the lookout for a pair of Chocolate Fishnet Recaros, they either need to be mint or minging (for the latter, I could also use some advice on getting them recovered). On the other hand, if anyone is interested in my base seats as they will be for sale. They are absolutely unmarked, no BS, they would be good enough for concours.

CheeRS

Arron.

RSOC Member - 6960

Sounds like a nice buy mate wheres the pic then ? enjoy it

re getting them covered as far as I know theres none or very little brown beta left you can get black at £70 + a meter plus the re-upolstery cost

Ive looked for brown and theres private people how wont sell ? :-(

Comment

I pick the car up on Saturday so will post some pictures then.

I suppose I could take the material off the standard seats, there should be enough to recover a set of Recaros but this would be a bit of a shame.

Got to be someone out there with a mint pair of fishnets....

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

Mex-it may be able to help with a Brown trim (but it may be Non-custom, not sure)
        cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Cheers Dave, I'll give him a try.

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

Arron,
            I think I know this car, is one of the previous owners called Paul from Chertsy near London?
            Sounds familiar
            CheeRS Paul
            sigpic

Comment

I think so, as I said, I don't pick her up until Saturday but I seem to remember Paul as being the previous owner. The current guy has only had her for about a year and never transferred her into his name so I only got a quick look at the log book. Will confirm on Saturday when I pick the car up.

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

It was for sale about a year a go if it is the one, it is a nice car, good luck with her. :-)
                CheeRS Paul
                sigpic

Comment

Cheers mate, She's going straight into my friend for a bit of minor paint work then I'm going to spend the winter detailing the engine bay before getting her out on the road next Spring.

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

Working...
                  X