Lakes 13 Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakes 13 Thanks

Having been a bit busy this last week I have only been on the site a few times on my phone, but have had a good look at all the pictures and comments you guys have left in the Lakes Tour section; dunno what it is about the Lakes Tour, but you just can’t get enough can you, even the weather we have up here never dampens your sprits for it and boy what a wet one it was this year. So thank you all for making the annual trek to Cumbria to do The Lakes Tour - we aim to please and without you all we would not have anything to do in May (and February, March and April!!).

Campers, I have to take my hat off to you all as I don’t think I could do it myself. I have camped in the past but not with all that rain - I would have gone home rather than spend all weekend in a tent! For that reason I would like to move it to a later month next year in the hope for better weather (no guarantee intended!). However, it will be something that we will be looking at over the coming weeks for next year.

I would also like to make more of Sunday and have a LAID BACK SHOW!! that the Lakes Tour cars can enter, as I do feel the quality of cars we have doing the tour are second to none. When I say “show”, I mean a show with a bit of light-hearted judging, but not this bending down and laying underneath LARK!! - YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE (do not say “concourse” as this will offend) - no just a bit of spit and polish the old skool way and nice line up of RS MK1’s and MK2’s and some other models in the mix, like it was in the good old 80’s. I honestly think this can work and would like to try it next year and as you’re all there anyway, what would be nicer than a line up MK1 and MK2 RS 1800’s, RS2000’s and Mexico’s on a nice sunny summers day!!? - your thoughts please.

I do have three large Lakes Tour jackets and 10 large polo shirts left - PM me if you would like any of them.
    Hopefully we will see this year’s ‘The Lakes Tour’ in a National Magazine at some point and they will be on the lookout for some of the cars that did this year’s tour to be featured later in the year in their magazine.

Anyway thanks for entering the tour this year; it all went as well as hoped again, but I must say some of the driving
    could have been a bit better, or more to the point, why film it and put it on facebook for all to see? - not sure why this is but it’s just the thing that could put future Lakes Tours in jeopardy as you never quite know who’s looking.
    We did have an accident this year (not for me to judge the ins and outs of it but I could have done without it) but thankfully both came out of it ok, although the car didn’t survive.

Anyway thanks again for supporting the Lakes Tour and Cumbria RSOC Group. We do plan to give a donation from the profits to cancer research but unfortunately not as much as in previous years as we didn’t have the same support from some of the suppliers as we have had in the past. However we do still have the Geartech voucher to auction off on the site which I will do later this week.

It was another cracking weekend Steve, thanks to you, Bobby and the rest of the team even the weather didn't take the edge off

Think the June move is a good idea

Looking foward to 2014.......
    Cheers Glyn

Comment

lakes.

Thanks for a good weekend mate.

Early July would be good for us

Comment

Originally posted by Darran View Post
        Thanks for a good weekend mate.

Early July would be good for us

End of June is better as its the school holidays at start of July , and makes it harder to get out to play .

Comment

Superb weekend and as many have sais the Lakes has become the premier event for the old school fraternity

I am sure everyone will be unanimous with the convayence of appreciation for the work and efforts put in by Steve and the team to make the event a huge success
          sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

As it was my first tour as a driver after many past tours of being a passenger I must say I see what the hype is all about and I thank you Oggie for making it a great tour
            sigpic

Comment

loved the weather lol, kept the bikes off the road :-)
              AKA The Dipstick

Comment

Father! There is a bank holiday in august, it may be worth considering this or any other bank holiday weekend and allow camping sunday nite. Speaking from my limited personal experience, any huge distance to drive home on the sunday for work monday can only mean leaving early from the show. Opportunities to enjoy the full show on sunday and drive home on the monday is worth thinking about.

Comment

like it in may as first outing and then do Snowdonia sept and everything else inbetween

Comment

Yep,a great weekend.Steve,when considering alternative dates please bear in mind The Highland Tour (Mid July) & The Snowdonia Tour (Late August/Early September)

Comment

I think it's a lottery moving the date as we can have washout weekend in June and July as well........ask the Pageant Of Power organisers and AVO guys !

Thanks for allowing space for the Welsh Mafia Steve......sorry some of us couldn't make the run, but we enjoyed the Saturday evening and Sunday too

A big Welsh thank you to everyone

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

I Would be fibbing if I said the weather didn't put a damper on Sunday.

but we all loved the weekend just the same ,like Aled says it could be a lottery just moving it to a later date and the roads will be more packed too.

Comment

The weather didn't spoil it for us and we camped anyway on Sunday (only the 3 off us), booked Monday off work and had a lovely incident free run back to Surrey on the Monday.
                          sigpic

Comment

rain didn't ruin it for us,had a nearly trouble free run back to south coast on the sunday afternoon,looking forward to next one

Comment

Thanks Again Steve for letting us do the tour in the Sunbeam , we had a great time as usual !

I think moving the date of the tour is a good idea, although we would come in any weather !

Great job done by you all again organising it, you really do make the tour great for everyone, its really the highlight of the year when it comes the car events.

Comment

Working...
                              X