FAO Ian Parker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Ian Parker

Thanks for totally f***ing my head up today with regards where i am going and what i am doing with my car ...lol, but after a good think about it i have decided to not touch the bodywork or any paint anywhere on the car for another year , but over the winter i am going to concentrate on making a quick(ish) car and enjoying that for a bit , then the year after i am going to totally restore the car

And that is FINAL no more , shall i do it like this or shall i do it like that

Total restore is the way forward but not till 2007, hopefully it will be back on the road for 2010
    sigpic

lol......you will change your mind again ....pmsl

you know you want a MINT car....... :colors:
    sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

how on earth did ian parker convince you not to do work on your car, after all he is the man who took worthers apart unnecessarily, i thought he would be actively encouraging a strip down.......LOL

GAZ, your car doesnt need it yet, keep the damn thing going mate! it may never go back together otherwise. i want to make mine faster over the winter too, not sure which way to go though. i also want to powder coat my axle, and poly bushe the rear.......

Comment

thats the way to go....
        sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

what is the best way to cheap speed? i would like 130-140hp at flywheel, keeping stock carb if poss?

Comment

He was all for it , telling me to strip it down , but been thinking about it and i will need at least 2 years to do it as money would not allow to do it in less than that .

was thinking about just having the outside painted , but then it will only need more work in a few years so i need to do it properly (total restore) ,and as i say i want to enjoy the car first with a fast engine before it comes off the road for a long time
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000&MEXICO
              lol......you will change your mind again ....pmsl

you know you want a MINT car....... :colors:

I wont , ive made up my mind now
              sigpic

Comment

if you get all the other stuff done first, it leaves only the shell to sort at a later date, all the bolt on bits can just go back on with a clean, spreading the cost of doing it, makes perfect sense to me

Comment

Thats the way im doing it now lee

on the lookout for a mk2 roof now with no sunroof
                  sigpic

Comment

you gonna ditch the vinyl then?

Comment

If i can get hold of a roof and its fitted well then, yes
                      sigpic

Comment

Lee, why not be totally mad and go for nitrous.........That will get you the extra HP you need!!!

Lee

Comment

lee you can allways buy my engine thats in my white rs now...
                          sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Hey Gaz, love your train of thought, build a strong, fast engine, i,d imagine you would need to take this out first ??? built it, put it back, then out again restore, put it back again, ummmmmmmmmmm, i think you know what i,m saying, lol, the mind is a wonderful thing, lets see what the morning brings, rain or shine !!!!!!!!!, or is it, which way is the wind blowing today ??? lol, hey, good luck whatever you choose to do with the bodywork, whoops, i mean the engine,

Comment

lol....he will still take it apart ian

you just wait for the post after national day to say i have started my restore....lol...
                              sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Working...
                              X