Youngsters car insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youngsters car insurance

the cheapest i can get insurance for the 17 year old lad for his clio 1.4 is £1600. Is this about the going rate or does anyone know of any tips or companies to get the price down. i`ve added me and the wife as names drivers and thats took it down £400. tried confused,go-compare,direct line and coop. cheers.

I think thats about it! Direct line used to do a 20% after sucessfully completing 'pass plus' which is the kind of incentive that young drivers need (should be extended to encourage more training for all drivers/riders). There is also a 'black box' scheme offered by some companies which monitors all aspects of the driving and premium is based on certain criteria. The 'good old days' are long gone!!!! Cheers, Andy.

Comment

£2300 for my lads 1.1 Peugot 206 with a black box that will bring it own 10% if he continues to drive well
      So I would say you have got a good price
      sigpic

Comment

fiat Cinqecento is group 1 (inbetweeners) plus you can fit a gps box that stops them speeding and going out at night in it !!!!! May as well walk .
        sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
        Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
        12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Cost me £4k for my lads corsa so £1600 sounds cheap or is that with a box fitted?

Comment

When my eldest girl got her provisional last year it cost her - or should I say me £2200 for a 106 but then N.I. is expensive. There were some companies who were only looking about £1200 but they were going to put it up to over 3 grand once she past her test. Anyway this year it's £900 with Admiral and that's with me as a named driver.

All the best, Neil.
            Neil Fletcher Racing
            sigpic

Comment

thanks guys. looks like i got a good price then. thats without a box fitted.

Comment

I was just shy of 2k for a 1.3 fiesta when I was 18 so I would that's not a bad price try Aviva there meant to be cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Mk2 kid View Post
                  I was just shy of 2k for a 1.3 fiesta when I was 18 so I would that's not a bad price try Aviva there meant to be cheap
                  will do. thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X