scaning pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scaning pictures.

whats the best way to copy some of those old photos onto the pc and get the size right ?, it needs to be not to demanding[if you know what i mean],i have a printer/scanner all in one but will that work without f***ing things up,have found some pics of my old rs2000,rs1600,not got any of the tina t/c yet or the cossy three door but still looking, cheers.

I usually scan photos without increasing the resolution (default 72ppi) but changing the original size from 100% to 200% or higher. Increase in resolution makes the image too large but by increasing the size of the image, you can have a better picture quality because it is optical. In order to increase the resolution the image must be processed (this means you need more RAM).
    My mk2 has gone

Comment

Hi,

I usually san at 400 dpi.

I have a cheap desktop scanner.
      [cause all the dearer ones at the time just had more buttons, without more tech. ]

the images usually end up about 10 meg each

The key is

ADOBE photoshop

and

The plug in
      "extensis intellihance"

These programs edit all atributes, colors, size & etc....

Vers 6 on even has a button to compress for the web, which I use for all my images
      its approx 65% compression.

My 2 bobs

Comment

ooooo,er ! thanks lads i try and have ago, fingers crossed.

Comment

Scan it anyway the scanner works then use this to resize the picture, rename it to remove spaces and bingo!

We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

i tryed to upload pics gave up .give me an mk2 to work on any day

Comment

Working...
            X