X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ffrr 5.0 S/C
    sigpic

Comment

An Audi A4 Allroad would do exactly what you want Alan.
      Adjustable suspension & four wheel drive, good MPG too.
      I think something like this represents good value for money. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130871694702

Although I really like Classic Range Rovers & can see me ending up with something like this, if I find a sensibly priced one...

Mark....

Comment

Originally posted by windymiller View Post
        I've been tooling around in this of late...

Depends how you define 'reasonable on fuel'....
        Proper 4x4 that mate.. Had a few of them in my time. Still own landrovers After 20 Yr. Running a disco td5 at mo..
        Live to regret ..or regret to live.

Comment

See it's on gas too,, 3.9 vogue se??

Comment

love my p38 4.6v8 on the tap....
            costs a fortune to run but who cares
            sigpic

Comment

Try an Audi Quattro, an A3 or 4 with a 2ltr diesel will still give you the mid 40'smpg.

Comment

My wives car is a Sorento 2.5 XT Black with cream leather,and before any one says you cannot get cream leather in UK ,I bought it unregistered brand new in Cyprus,self imported it with Grimaldi shipping Limmasol to Portbury.Sand saved 8 K ,by doing so
                It's our second one ,but as I sometimes do 800 miles a day this one is an Auto.Manual is more economical but both 22 to 24 towing a very large German caravan ,so solo should get into 30mpg easily ! No warranty work has been needed on either one,And everything FITS !

Comment

Disco 3 TDV6 here.

Comment

Originally posted by alancdavis View Post
                    OK thanks for the advice gents,,,, will check out some this weekend
                    Going to check these out

sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Originally posted by LOUIE View Post
                      love my p38 4.6v8 on the tap....
                      costs a fortune to run but who cares

Can't beat a v8 Rob,, it's running the buggers that's a pain!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thedman View Post
                        Disco 3 TDV6 here.
                        Nice.. Mate got disco 3 HSE .. Lovely motor..

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo63 View Post
                          Can't beat a v8 Rob,, it's running the buggers that's a pain!!!
                          get spoilt while im here becuse it only costs me 15quid a week to run my l200 pickup

always a shock to the system that first tank i put in while im home
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo63 View Post
                            See it's on gas too,, 3.9 vogue se??
                            You win!

Didn't fancy the diesel one as it seemed a little to have that in a Classic.

Runs better on the gas weirdly and there's a place I get it from over the road from my house, which is handy! Makes loads of noise, goes anywhere, I can pile loads of mates in it, and can finally tow my track car home!

I missed my X5 but couldn't justify that as a 5th car so the Rangey was a good compromise. Personally, I'd suggest an X5 3.0D Sport (Mk1 facelift). Ran 2 now and and they were swift, not too bad on juice, and drove pretty well.

Aside from that, I've also had loads of Freelanders which are cheap and cheerful and do the job - the facelifted Mk1's are nice inside too.

Previous-shape Rangeys are good too - the early diesel is the BMW X5 one. Cheaper to insure than the X5 too as less drug-dealers/general-scum like them.

I'd personally stay away from the RRS as I just think they have an awful image, even though I once drove this...

Though in fairness I only bought it to tow this...

Comment

That's a fair old garage! How much a week is it costing you ?

Comment

Dident realise the road tax for 4x4s is a bit OTT..
                                sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Working...
                                X