Paypal question??..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal question??..

Morning boys,ive got a question regards paypal,Ive seen something on ebay I fancy,emailed the seller and asked him have you got a buy it now price?.He has and I'm happy with the price,but he wants me to pay by paypal outside of eBay,so he doesn't get stung on eBay charges!!..if I do it like this,do I still get cover if anything goes Wrong,say I pay for the items and I don't received them!!! Where do I stand? Any help would be great thanks foxy..

i know your not covered if you do it as a gift

Comment

When you go into your Paypal account tick the box for GOODS,that way the seller pays any fees & you are covered.As stated don't pay as a Gift

Comment

Rrrrrrr,interesting,thanks for that,good advice up to know,anyone else got anymore advice before I email him and go ahead with payment?....

Comment

You can ask him to list it as a buy it now. If the item isn't worth hundreds then the eBay fees won't be that much. I mean he's listed on eBay anyway so would of had to pay something to eBay for this.
          If you buy outside eBay then get his full address and postcode and also a landline and mobile number. You must NOT pay for it via a gift always pay using GOODS and I also think it gives you the option to pay for goods purchased on eBay.
          If you pay for it using the gift method and something goes wrong PayPal won't want to know,
          Stevie.

Comment

Ask him to send you a Paypal Invoice, he still pays the Paypal Fees and it keeps you covered if there's a problem - I do this quite a bit for people who want to buy stuff off me and I don't really mind paying the Paypal Fees as they're not nearly as high as the 10% a seller has to pay to eBay.

As someone has said earlier DO NOT send a Paypal Gift to someone you don't know and trust as there is no cover whatsoever.

Hope this helps, Neil.
            Neil Fletcher Racing
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys!!!! I've asked him about doing a "buy it now" on ebay,but he will not do this,because of the fees!!! The cost involved is £127.50 posted!!!!!....I will pay him by paypal and keep me fingers crossed.thanks again for the advice,if your not sure,then ask someone who does!!!..

Comment

Working...
              X