No announcement yet.

Will 'the scene' get better in 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aled you moaned about setting up oulton at the start, but ran up for the best club stand award....

Aled for events secretary

Anyone fancy a stand at Santa pod RS day
    sigpic

Comment

• I'm pretty new to the old-Ford scene as I last owned a Mk1 over 10 years ago, and didn't complete it.

Since then, I've been with various clubs/forums (Z4, X5, M3, 911, Alfa GTV) and have ended up with a core set of car-mates who just enjoy driving the things, no matter what we're driving. We've been all over Europe, and have enjoyed caning our cars through the alps, and sampling rather a lot of beer. We don't have an affinity to any brand (though currently all have Porkers weirdly) but have a shared love of driving whatever we have. Generally quite hard too.

That's what it's about: having fun, whatever floats your boat.

Some people like to polish the life out of their OEM-correct wheel nuts, and that's fair enough. Not my cuppa, but I don't hold it against them. I'd hope they won't hold me thrashing my Mex trough grit-covered winter roads against me as it's my choice to do that. And if it rots, I'll just have to fix it.

I've already met a few decent guys since owning my other Mk1, and am looking forward to experiencing what the scene has to offer this coming year.

I'll go to an AVO day to drool over the precious metal, and yes, I'll wonder why they don't get them dirty, but I'll still appreciate that them not doing so allows me to see what mine looked like on day 1. But I won't bitch about it.

And as with Aled's Oulton thing, I'll happily turn up, park my car with all the others, then bugger off and do my own thing. I won't feel like I have to 'tow the line' whatever that means - I'll just do what I always do: have fun and enjoy myself.

I'm always hearing about the politics in the scene, but I just listen, smile, and generally ignore it.

Sounds to me like some people need to get a perspective on life...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chesney View Post
        thoughts please guys cos I think this year has been pretty poor for various reasons, wondering if its worth getting the cars out at all.
        well it seems my thread has created a lot of opinion which is what I intended.

Hopefully the shows will be well attended this summer. I have made a decision to tax both my cars and go to as many shows as possible. May even have both cars at the lakes

Look forward to seeing some old and hopefully some new faces this year.
        Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Hopefully the shows will be well attended this summer. I have made a decision to tax both my cars and go to as many shows as possible. May even have both cars at the lakes

How are you going to drive 2 to the lakes when you cant even drive 1 properly
          (so Frosty was telling me)

Don't fall off your bike.... It Hurts

Comment

It's alright for "Mr Moneybags" there to say this. I will have to pick & choose
            Originally posted by wozzy View Post
            How are you going to drive 2 to the lakes when you cant even drive 1 properly
            (so Frosty was telling me)
            He can't. He's crap!
            Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• [quote=Frosticles;638677]It's alright for "Mr Moneybags" there to say this. I will have to pick & choose

get a job then lazy arse!

Comment

• [QUOTE=richie;638681]
                Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                It's alright for "Mr Moneybags" there to say this. I will have to pick & choose

get a job then lazy arse!
                Ouch.

Comment

• I am not 'mr moneybags' son, re-read my post it says i will go to as many shows as I can. Therefore I will have to pick and choose as well.

As richie says get a job you lazy good for nothing slob.

Comment

I am not 'mr moneybags' son, re-read my post it says i will go to as many shows as I can. Therefore I will have to pick and choose as well.

As richie says get a job you lazy good for nothing slob.
                    Cheque Book Ches.

Comment

• Thread from last year frosty

Comment

Thread from last year frosty
                        Mine's better though son