No announcement yet.

Has MK1GAZ got a TT RS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to be a green MK1 Gplf with Audi Quattro running gear about 10 years ago.
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
      Used to be a green MK1 Gplf with Audi Quattro running gear about 10 years ago.
      Ah, that will be Grant Parker's (Dubweiser)

Not seen him around for a long time, but yeah 10 years ago he was trailblazing in the VW world

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
        Awesome golfs , especially love the white mk1 and i've seen it in acton alot .
        Yeah, Andy is a bit of a Santa Pod whore

There is a really quick MK1 Scirocco as well. Same recipe, stroked 4cyl 20VT with full Haldex 4WD (as found in TT's, and back to my donor comment ). Its amazing the drivetrains take that amount of abuse & torque as they are just std units with shot peened gears

Comment

Originally posted by The Transplanter View Post
          Ah, that will be Grant Parker's (Dubweiser)

Not seen him around for a long time, but yeah 10 years ago he was trailblazing in the VW world

That's the one.
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Yes they get some huge power out of the VAG 1.8 turbo lump . I was going to use one in my fiat 600 project but swopped to rotary turbo power in the end as the engine fits easier . Wouldn't mind 1.8T engine in a mk1 fiesta next .
            sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
            Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
            12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
              Wouldn't mind 1.8T engine in a mk1 fiesta next .
              Ha, funny you should mention that, I have a 1.8T into MK2 Golf conversion booked in for mid Dec. The guy has a real nice MK1 Fiesta 1.3GL with a 1.6 which he is selling to help fund the Golf!

I just asked him if he would sooner me fit the the 1.8T to the Fiesta

I dont want to say to much, but I have an Audi 1.8T lump in my workshop that will find itself into a F.O.R.D oops, said to much already

Comment

Yes do it to the mk1 Fiesta for sure .
                sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Working...
                X