The Resurrection of YUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Resurrection of YUE

Guys I have finally managed to prise the logbook of frosty for his old mex and intend to ressurect the car.
    i have a very good shell ready to begin but the question is do i go for the original colour or something different

I want people to see it as my car and not frosty's, whats your opinion please.
    Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Red with a nose cone this time
    sigpic

Comment

I have the original steel wheels off YUE.

Comment

You doing with or without the rust spots like the other one??
        sigpic

Comment

My 10 cents, the original colour.

I know your not trying to pass it of as a original shell but that colour was lovely in my opinion.

It will be your car, whatever colour you chose. Saying that, the bright green is a lovely option too. Saw a rally car badged up as a Mexico last weekend and it looked the danglies.

Good luck with build.

A standby for all the the nobber comments about it now being some form of "ringer"!!

Comment

Originally posted by mk1rally View Post
            My 10 cents, the original colour.

I know your not trying to pass it of as a original shell but that colour was lovely in my opinion.

It will be your car, whatever colour you chose. Saying that, the bright green is a lovely option too. Saw a rally car badged up as a Mexico last weekend and it looked the danglies.

Good luck with build.

A standby for all the the nobber comments about it now being some form of "ringer"!!
            But if you saw the thread on another site you`d probably be saying exactly that

Surely some precentage of the old car needs to be on the new one ??

Comment

Originally posted by tony-mac View Post

Yeah the nosecone

Comment

Originally posted by tony-mac View Post
                But if you saw the thread on another site you`d probably be saying exactly that

Yeah, I don't subscribe to that ideal. I think if you are going to be open it, then that is fine (by me!!) and i understand where your coming from. Don't suppose there is much left to take from the old?

It's not like he can ever hide it, the original car was well know and so was it's demise unfortunely.

Maybe that's why I'm on here and not on there!!

Comment

It`s just a wind up

Comment

You guys KILL me..........
                    Cheers
                    CHRiS

Comment

No prob's, I bit!!!

Sore point, it's the same in the Mini Cooper register. My car's a real un (if you want to go down that route) but some lads on there run great cars in rallying that have been reshelled and still get ear ache over it.

There is a very famous works 997 that has pictures of it, burnt out, on its roof and well bent on the alpine.

It was sold as a "original" 1071 works car in Red and white (it was a early Black and White car) for near on £100k recently...

Comment

Good luck Ches. Was good to prise the pennies from your tight fists son.
                        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Which logbook did you get Ches ? The original RS2000 one or the newer Mexico one?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W View Post
                            Which logbook did you get Ches ? The original RS2000 one or the newer Mexico one?
                            He got the correct book son
                            Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Just thought it needs to be reborn as its such a well known car.

Money well spent kevin, money well spent
                              Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Working...
                              X