had a visitor today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had a visitor today

my m8 justin popped over today to show me his mk1 than he finshed restoring over many years.

he must have bought this mk1 over 16 years ago and ran it with a 2 litre and did track days at goodwood with her.

he stripped the car down years ago to restore and never got round to it and almost sold her a few times and when he moved house he decided that she had waited long enough.

he ripped the the fibreglass arched off and proceded to metal big wing her, turret , 5 link etc etc.

he bought the 16i seats off me at least 15 years ago and had them recovered 10 years ago and then put them in the loft

the only thing he didnt do himself was the paint.

i think he done a fantastic job on her and think it was worth the wait

i even sent the poor lad over to show mr bishop on his way home who was very impressed.

hes a member on here but dont think he posts much, so say hello to everyone justin and tell us a bit more about her

heres a few pics

Very nice and those seats look great
    sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Very nice love the colour
      sigpic

Comment

He did indeed pop over to fareham beach

I'd never met him before ( so I thought ) so he pops over, goes to the wrong house cos vinny mis directed him lol. I go out and redirect him, he parks up and I recognise him as someone who went to the same school as me, and I'm pretty sure we were in the same cub scout group !

Really nicely finished car with great attention to detail very very nice!

Proper nice assortment of mk1's of late and a few more set to hit the road next year I might have to turn my garage into a club house

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
          He did indeed pop over to fareham beach

I'd never met him before ( so I thought ) so he pops over, goes to the wrong house cos vinny mis directed him lol. I go out and redirect him, he parks up and I recognise him as someone who went to the same school as me, and I'm pretty sure we were in the same cub scout group !

Really nicely finished car with great attention to detail very very nice!

Proper nice assortment of mk1's of late and a few more set to hit the road next year I might have to turn my garage into a club house
          the only garage i know where the best cars are parked outside

Comment

Nice car but BIG rims on a Mk1 don't work for me.
            Getting bored with the idiots

Comment

Mudflaps! Or you're not coming in

Comment

Originally posted by Hoonabator View Post
                i've told him to get 13's on, hes waiting till he can afford the tyres

Comment

Originally posted by vinny View Post
                  i've told him to get 13's on, hes waiting till he can afford the tyres
                  I've got some 13"s he can borrow while he saves up

Comment

Originally posted by Hoonabator View Post
                    I don't have a problem with the big rims, but no quarter lights is my pet hate.
                    But other than that it does look nice.
                    sigpic

Comment

nice mk1 there .looks well build
                      dav

Comment

we all know Bishops likes big flaps and wheels on the quiet

Comment

lovely job and i really like that colour

Comment

Many thanks

Cheers for the comments about my mk1, I still have a bit to do to her but needed
                            To get some miles on the engine so I will be out an about trying to see what falls off.
                            Jay.
                            sigpic

Comment

lovely car you have there mate

Comment

Working...
                              X