Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MK2MADMAN
    I say get rid Vinny.
    Got rid of ALL my stuff and cars,as you know,and although i did regret it for a few weeks,i'm well over it now,alot happier and i dont keep fretting about buying that ever elusive next bit.
    Got a good deal from Darran,and it paid to put a new bathroom in my place plus pay off 3 credit cards!! And i still had change to buy a t-bar MR2.
    I'm now in a postion to put loads by each month (where as before i was squandering cash on parts) and i will buy a Mexico that someone has minted for me and save me all the aggro.
    Listen mate,i know everyone on ere is pally pally,and thats cool.But it is only a car mate.Trust me.
    A very good point and u would have a 1600i to keep u happy vinny.

Comment

Vinny keep the mex, you know you want to..

CheeRS
      Martin

Comment

Keep the mex if you can afford to vinny
        sigpic

Comment

Hello Vinny,
          I understand your dillema having wanted a Mexico for about 20 years. There are many things to consider
          1) It is a Mexico and very rare so getting another one in a few years will be a problem.
          2) How much work does it need now? In a 'few' years time it will need a lot more. If it is really good now it will be worth keeping and protecting, if it is rusty now it will keep rusting until you sort it.
          3) Will your circumstances improve so you can devote more time and money to getting it sorted. 5 to 10 hours a week should give you a fair time to keep it ticking over until you can afford to sort it properly. If you concentrated on stopping the rust getting worse it doesn't matter what it looks like until you finally sort it.
          4) Will the storage keep it in its present condition or will it deteriorate.
          5) Do you have the room to strip it so the fabric items that could deteriorate can be stored for future use. If only steel was left you can work on that relatively easily.

Anyway enough of the logic, my heart says I would find it difficult to let it go as I want one myself, I wish you all the best and hope you and your family can find a happy solution.
          Ash

Comment

let the missus decide, they like having some POWER

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by Trickster
              Originally posted by MK2MADMAN
              I say get rid Vinny.
              Got rid of ALL my stuff and cars,as you know,and although i did regret it for a few weeks,i'm well over it now,alot happier and i dont keep fretting about buying that ever elusive next bit.
              Got a good deal from Darran,and it paid to put a new bathroom in my place plus pay off 3 credit cards!! And i still had change to buy a t-bar MR2.
              I'm now in a postion to put loads by each month (where as before i was squandering cash on parts) and i will buy a Mexico that someone has minted for me and save me all the aggro.
              Listen mate,i know everyone on ere is pally pally,and thats cool.But it is only a car mate.Trust me.
              A very good point and u would have a 1600i to keep u happy vinny.
              ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks for the advice lads, decided i cant not have a nice mk2 so lee has kindly offered to sell he his a t a knock down price of £2500 - cheers lee.

seriously maybe going to look at a mk2 rs2 tomorrow that is t & t and very solid by the description - so watch this space

Comment

vin, pics up for you. if you comr to nottm tomorrow, give me a call. 07855521964
                  Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

unbelieveable!! you change your mind quicker than someone else i could mention! where is this one then?? glad you are still looking RWD!

i said you can have mine vinny, no money need change hands, thats what mates are for innit?

Comment

not so much changing my mind m8 but still wanting an mk2 so maybe cheaper easier option, sure i love the 16i but i still wouldnt be happy with it, so this way i can get a car thats on the road and wont have me spending hrs in the garage, thus keeping everyone happy

Comment

Yeh you do Vinny you change your mind quicker than a Hooker changes customers dont you LOL

Comment

but not as often as she changes her pants

Comment

Working...
                          X