Bird Sh!t and my newly painted car!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird Sh!t and my newly painted car!!!

Have any of you guys had trouble with birds crapping on your cars and damaging the paint? My mk2 was resprayed in lovely 2-pac venetian Red and looks lovely, but I dont have a garage and it has to sit outside on the driveway.

I had thought about getting a car cover but was persuading by a few people (sprayers) who said it would scratch and potentially blister the paint - they really strongly were against fitting a car cover.

Came home from work tonight and there's a particularly nasty one on it, wipe it off, but when you catch it in a certain light you can see that the paint is damaged - like tiny micro blisters. Is there any way to get this stuff off - or has it permanently damaged the paint?

Would it be sorted out of I got a mate to 'mop' the car with G3 or similar? I need to do something or be sure that it can be resolved becuase its really damaging the nice paintwork.

Cheers

T-cut should sort it.

CheeRS Neil.
    sigpic

www.auto-restoration.co.uk

Comment

bird poo does bugger up modern paints, its cos they arent allowed to make them with hazardous stuff in no more, and so the paint is less resistant to just about everything, stone chips and bird poo included

Comment

i would get a good cover for the car , i had one on my cossie for ages and never got any scratches from it . buy a good quality one and it should be fine
        sigpic

Comment

I use a Classic Additions cover for when mine sits outside. I too was advised against by my painter but bugger him.. its me that has to clean the crap off the car.

Cover has been spot on, been using it now and again for nearly 9 months.. paintwork is as good as it ever was.

Discount too if your with the RSOC.. best thing i've had out of the rsoc
          Paul

Comment

if you get one that is fluffy on the inside, it shouldnt harm your paint too much

Comment

Working...
            X