Comment

1/4 mile drag race, thats the way to go
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by richy c View Post
        Sshhhhh! You'll wake gaz up

Comment

Rally "GB" died when it went to Wales. Needs to be like it once was to attract people again. It was once the most watched sporting event of the year. Sadly, not anymore
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

WRC died when they went to WRC cars ............. the old group A format was fine as it was, loads of entrants, loads of manufacturers and relatively cost effective ................. now, theres two entrants and a load of tatt to drive the other stuff as Frosty would say .......... it boils my pish !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
              Rally "GB" died when it went to Wales. Needs to be like it once was to attract people again. It was once the most watched sporting event of the year. Sadly, not anymore
              With you on that one Kev we went every year without fail for the full 5 days, Used to be the best laugh ever sleeping in the Cars in the middle of a forest somewhere? fireworks at midnight we went the 1st year it was totally in Wales and the usual 3 stages a day and 200 road miles turned into 2 stages and BIG Q,s we did go the next year but just as bad!!! Shame really cos loved the welsh stages well for 1 day anyway
              sigpic

Comment

Agree

Comment

Just the other night I watched the 1987 Lombard with my lad. It dawned on me then that something was lost.

Micky mouse stages on Sunday, fantastic and with massive crowds. Bring back Sutton park, bring back Weston park, Chatham house, West Midlands safari park etc, the RAC then was huge. 87 was the first year they used pace notes, maybe it should go back to it's original format?

Like most things it's been dumbed down.
                  Sunday mickey mouse then Monday head off to killer Kielder yorkshire and northern England. Tuesday into Scotland now, then start south again. Wednesday Wales then finish on Thursday. Wow what a good event that would be, but I'd imagine the softy Euro's would say "where to tired, it would be too dangerous doing that many miles".

Real men, real car's, that's what it needs.

Comment

i live in Wales and would like to disagree
                    BUT i have to agree we like you, could not wait to treck around the country, i do think we have some grear parts of wales to be used but so does the rest of the country

i think it should go back to its old format and one day west wales, one day north and one day central

also go back to grp A spec not many can afford new WRC spec cars
                    it should be where club lads can compete with the world stars in simular cars
                    Best man/lady win and all that

And the BIG ONE what a rip off to go and watch

Comment

Just read my reply again and wasnt slagging Wales in anyway! far from it some of the best rally roads on the planet, Just the event went to sh1t Some of the welsh foke ain't too bad after to get used to them either '!!!!!!!!Lol
                      sigpic

Comment

As said. Not slagging Wales off but the whole event format as it is now.
                        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by richy c View Post
                          lol , they would lose !!!!!
                          sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                          Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                          12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

i know you are not slagging Wales off
                            i agree with you it needs to back to the old format

Comment

As said. Not slagging Wales off but the whole event format as it is now.
                              I hope not as the little frosty was conseved there
                              Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Working...
                              X