Anyone go to Carfest South?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone go to Carfest South?

Did anyone go to this? I have tickets for Carfest North and just wanted to know if it was any good?

Just hope the weather improves!!!!

3 nights camping with a 1 year old is going to be interesting.
    sigpic

Yes, it was good. Cars, music, food, planes.
    We were there from friday afternoon until sunday about 19:30.
    Music was really good, Some F1 cars, Nick Mason with some of his collection. Car club stands were a little bit dissapointing.
    Food was around the £5 a portion mark, cold drinks around £2 and a cider/beer £4-5.
    We enjoyed it and if we got the chance would go again.

Comment

from my experience of the people who were trying to organiser the club stands for this show wasnt the best, two different people giving out different information and prices and the £100 camping per tent for car clubs was rip off

Comment

Originally posted by nige30 View Post
        Did anyone go to this? I have tickets for Carfest North and just wanted to know if it was any good?

Just hope the weather improves!!!!

3 nights camping with a 1 year old is going to be interesting.
        Hi Nige, I went for the full three days, all I can say is it was excellent mate.

As a virgin `festival` goer it ticked all the boxes, great entertainment if your taking the family - Texas on friday night - she`s still got it
        Razorlight saturday night - I`m not a fan but they were good too

We booked camping tickets and they were £85.00 for friday till monday - not sure where you got your info Tim - great value for money - £85 for tickets including a camping spot is great value - lots of toilets, showers, no `louts`no idiots, no ****heads, plenty of space between tents.

We actually took a motorhome and although not having an official `campervan pass` still stayed in it in parking.

Lots of great quality (but not cheap) food stalls, local produce tent, 4 x 4 rides, helicopter displays, red arrows flyover, great classic car auction with Chris Evans throwing breakfast show visits in.

Best of all LANCASTER BOMBER, SPITFIRE, HURRICANE FLY BY

AND A VULCAN BOMBER

The track is`nt really a hillclimb at Jody Scheckters place, just a 500m+ run with a max speed of about 70, at North (Cholmondely), it`s a proper hillclimb where they get up to 120mph+ so proper track action.

It`s a great do, so much so that I`m considering getting tickets for North.

All in all, great value, safe, quality day/weekend out, don`t listen to the ner` say wells about costs (above), you won`t go far wrong.

Let us all know how you get on

Comment

Originally posted by tony-mac View Post

We booked camping tickets and they were £85.00 for friday till monday - not sure where you got your info Tim - great value for money - £85 for tickets including a camping spot is great value - lots of toilets, showers, no `louts`no idiots, no ****heads, plenty of space between tents.
          the info i got was from the event organiser when i was booking a club stand

Comment

Said £85 on our tickets

Comment

I see the yellow signs (as its next to my workshop) for the show, but the ticket prices put me off for 5 of us! But looks like it was a good show

The Vulcan was doing the rounds that day as it also flew over wings & wheels at dunsfold and the rudgewick steam fair

I live fairly close to Farnborough and have often had it fly over my house and it still gives me goose bumps to see there was also a Gloster Meteor in the sky on Sunday and that was amazing.....

Comment

Would have cost me £150 for just the Sunday BTW Not exactly a cheap day out when the missus or kids are not interested

Comment

Originally posted by The Transplanter View Post
                  Would have cost me £150 for just the Sunday BTW Not exactly a cheap day out when the missus or kids are not interested

http://www.carfest.org/Content/Ticket-Info/5/
                  I know what you mean mate, if you have to cough up for the family.

Compared to `regular` festivals £85 for three days is pretty good, we paid £35 just to get in at Cholmondeley Pageant at 12.30 on the sunday

Comment

Originally posted by tony-mac View Post
                    I know what you mean mate, if you have to cough up for the family.

Compared to `regular` festivals £85 for three days is pretty good, we paid £35 just to get in at Cholmondeley Pageant at 12.30 on the sunday
                    TBH. If I were going with mates I would have coughed up the £85 for the w/end, but I was at a car show the whole w/end before with mates and at another one this w/end as from tomorrow at the pod, so had to do something with the family last week so ended up at the steam fair lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X