Anyone here work in the North Sea ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here work in the North Sea ???

Hoping someone here can offer advise please..........

I was made redundant last Friday from my job due to Coryton oil refinery closing. I thought it would outlast the power station I left to work there I see no point in hanging around so wanted out quick.

Anyway a job fair was arranged for us, and to be honest I was impressed with the company's that turned up. Seems the North Sea need people of my trade (Instruments) and have an interview next Wednesday with a company called Apache for a staff position. Like most places there skilled labour is ageing and they need some succession.

I would like some advise on what I should know with regards to policies/procedures and safety permits offshore, and where to read up on them? Anything else I should have an idea about would be useful too. I used to work overseas in Pakistan and Kosovo to understand what its like to be away from home and if something bad is going to happen its just as you start your stint away !!!!

Thanks in advance
    Steve

Hi mate i work on an Apache rig in the north sea.. Forties Charlie
    Anything you can find on ISSOW will be a big help..Thats the main pain in the ass of work out here
    sigpic

Comment

I work on the zakum oil field in the gulf.. If you get stuck let drop me a pm, got s few agency details ( that you probably already have)

Also look at the kashagan field in kazakstan I've just had 3 years out there and there due to start production very soon..
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies and advice guys !

Looking at HSE site, I worked to a safety permit system like ISSOW in the refinery with hot and cold work, confined space and other types of permits so I feel a bit better talking about that.

Would have liked a little longer for some revising, but seems Apache don't hang around with their recruitment drives...got a 1/2hr tech questionnaire, 1/2hr tech interview and 1/2hr HR interview.
        Steve

Comment

Agip are desperate for safety men, cut out the middle men and go direct
          sigpic

Comment

Well 2 weeks after my relaxed interview with a Beryl Alfa OIM and talking about compressor anti stall, safety and some instrument stuff and classic cars.....

I had a phone call yesterday from Apache offering me a position as an instrument technician dunno if it will be in the Forties or Beryl field !
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by TugsW View Post
              dunno if it will be in the Forties or Beryl field !

Taffr once had a 'job' in the field

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

Nice one mate... give me a bell if your coming to the Forties
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post
                  Taffr once had a 'job' in the field
                  Take it you was down the pub with 'Dolly' having your photo taken then Graham

Originally posted by macrs2k View Post
                  Nice one mate... give me a bell if your coming to the Forties
                  Thanks very much have a chance of 5/2 for Forties over Beryl ! I'm really looking forward to a new job and start even if it seems a bit scary at the moment

And hopefully soon I'll be able to start another resto thread of a long off the road MK2 RS2
                  Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X