Hydro water printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro water printing

We have just invested in a Hydro water printing tank for doing wheels, dash trim parts, engine components and grills. This is new to Scotland and not many in the UK but is very big in the states.

I hope I have copped the link below to show you what it looks like and what you can do, not old skool but interesting

I will have some parts done this week and will post to show what can be done

A short video showing you what water transfer printing is. Mirage Hydrographics is BC's number one water transfer printer. Come check out the hundreds of pri...

That is a fascinating machine!

Comment

very clever

Comment

amazing gary.
        dav

Comment

WOW

Comment

Very nice.

Does the coating on the wheel/item need to be special or will standard paint/powder coating do the job ok?

Comment

That is neat!

Comment

Originally posted by ModenaRS2 View Post
                Very nice.

Does the coating on the wheel/item need to be special or will standard paint/powder coating do the job ok?
                Darren I think the film is almost transparent, so the base colour dictactes the finished colour.
                So if the rim for the carbon fibre effect was Sebring red for example it would show through the carbon fibre effect.
                Mark....

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicomark View Post
                  Darren I think the film is almost transparent, so the base colour dictactes the finished colour.
                  So if the rim for the carbon fibre effect was Sebring red for example it would show through the carbon fibre effect.
                  Hi Mark,

I noticed the base colour is critical, just wondered if standard paints would be ok. Powder Coating for example contains wax which makes adhesives difficult to stick too etc etc.

Comment

It can be applied on top of powder or paint the main issue is clear coating it so that it is robust and maintains scratch resistant as much as can be achieved. We are testing putting clear powder over it so that it will be built proof and seems to work but we still have to test this on the road
                    You can get a number of colour effects by base coating in different colours and you can also get different films that are darker or more transparent dependent on the finish you are looking for.
                    Gazoo

Comment

Working...
                    X