Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal are on the rob again.....

Just made a paypal payment "As A Gift"
    Every time I have done this in the past it has always stated your Fees are £ 0.00

See below my payment. They have charged me around 3.5% for sending as a gift.

I hadn't been notified by paypal that they were changing it.
    Oh & if you untick the fees box, then they knock it off the amount the person is going to receive. :winka:

Attached Files
    Mark....

Its because you did not have 100% of the "gift" in your Paypal account
    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Ahh I see said the blind man.
      So they want me to transfer the funds from my bank account into paypal so I don't pay no fees...???
      Mark....

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicomark View Post

Ahh I see said the blind man.
        So they want me to transfer the funds from my bank account into paypal so I don't pay no fees...???
        No - they want you to keep money in your Paypal account and never withdraw it - but by gifting it is simply staying within the total Paypal pot !
        cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Yes.I have bought one or two things on here and it has been requested that payment was sent as a gift..It can end up hurting a little.

Comment

Actually Mark I think it may be because you used a Credit Card to pay the extra that you didn't have in the Paypal Account - this happened to me once then next time I made sure and paid the extra by Debit Card and there was no fee.

Hope this helps, Neil.
            Neil Fletcher Racing
            sigpic

Comment

I'm at a total loss then now as I don't posses a credit card only a debit card.
              Mark....

Comment

I'd like to know more facts about this as it is very important as to how we take monies for the Snowdonia Tour

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

PayPal fees are apprx 4%

This is either paid by the sender or taken off the money given to the receiver

If a gift is sent then as long as the sender has sufficient PayPal funds then there is no commission from any party

If like Mexicomark you had to top- up your account first then a fee will apply to the sender or has to be accepted by the receiver

Aled if u accepting PayPal for enry fees simply add 4% to every transaction and u will be fine
                  cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Thanks Dave......it is an important point so that we don't lose money from the charity

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Sorry my mistake I meant to say it's free if you use "instant transfer" from your bank account to your Paypal account to fund the payment - I think if you use most types of card, Credit, Debit or whatever then there will be a fee.

Sorry for confusion, Neil.
                      Neil Fletcher Racing
                      sigpic

Comment

Beware making paypal payments as a gift. Paypal does not offer any protection or refunds if payment are GIFTS and your items dont arrive or are damaged etc. I know I found out this the hard way as I payed for an item as a gift and it did not arrive. I contacted paypal and they told me we dont cover gift payments. I eventually got my money back through my Visa card company. I would have preferred to got the wheel and tyre.
                        Take care Paul.

Comment

PayPal gift should NEVER be used to pay for goods unless you are 100% confident and personally know seller !
                          cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

I try to avoid PayPal if I can full stop.
                            It does make life easy for ebay purchases etc though....

Yes I would agree about only sending people you know & trust money as a gift.
                            That's why I would only send Gift payments to certain people on this forum who are know & trusted members of the site.
                            I'd still prefer to use cash & collect goods in person, but distance is usually the problem.
                            Mark....

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicomark View Post
                              I'd still prefer to use cash & collect goods in person, but distance is usually the problem.
                              Cash and collect is always best, you just never know what other tasty bits they may have lying in the back of the garage.

All the best, Neil.
                              Neil Fletcher Racing
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X