no mot's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no mot's

Classic and historic vehicles are to be exempted from the annual MoT test, the government announces.

just need the road tax thing sorted now hrrrrrmph

That's fine if you drive a 1959 100E but sadly not much use to most of us lot...

Comment

Bet the goverment think they have done somthing fantastic

What next ,,pension increase when you reach 200
      sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

I hope this apparently good news does not have a sting in its tail!!
        Like use confined to club runs,notifying police,restricted annual mileage etc...
        This already happens in other countries.

Comment

I can't see why it's a good thing.
          If cars are looked after properly there should be no problem getting an MoT on them.

Comment

In all honesty I've been testing cars for nearly 25 years and the handful of cars we get that are 50 years old + are usually in better condition than any modern car! There well maintained,well serviced and generally loved for by there owners with no expense spared I'm sure there must be some snotters out there but I've not seen them and hopefully won't one particular Morris 8 we have tested for the last few decades puts most of our concourse cars to shame and he uses it all year round ,the joys of retirement
            sigpic

Comment

Not quite sure what the sense of this is?
              In Germany, for example, you can get an H plate once a car is over 30 years old, which means it has to have the equivalent of an engineers report but not an MOT (TÜV) every 2 years (12 months in the UK).

Given the amount of stuff people can just bolt on under UK rules, I would have thought reducing the requirement for a test certificate is a risky business

Comment

Working...
              X