• cortinajim

sigpic

Thank you ,like the second one

Comment

needs stripes

Comment

Originally posted by grum View Post
        needs stripes

Not for a Cortina which is not a Lotus, or even a GT, which that one isn't ....

AAGR

Comment

oi Robson, i'm bloody telling you it does !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grum View Post
            oi Robson, i'm bloody telling you it does !!!!!!!!!

Sorry [- whimpers, waves a placatory hand, hides behind a bush, sucks thumb ....]

(Does it make you happier when I tell you that one of the first extras I applied to my original red Cortina GT in 1965 was a black stripe on the flanks and across the tail ?]

GRAHAM R

Comment

It's time you put your hand in your pocket and bought into this classic car game Graham, instead of just hawking old books about. The trouble is, I could see you buying a Triumph or summat daft!

It's lovely and sunny in Yorkshire today - Hope it stays like this 'til AVO National Day... See you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudger View Post
                It's time you put your hand in your pocket and bought into this classic car game Graham, instead of just hawking old books about. The trouble is, I could see you buying a Triumph or summat daft!

It's lovely and sunny in Yorkshire today - Hope it stays like this 'til AVO National Day... See you there.

OK, it is a good humoured rant ... but I have to respond.

One - they are not old books, but very recently published ones.

Secondly, I am linked to several different 'classic' car movements, and can't afford a different 'toy' for every occasion. To get to/from the Lakes weekend, for instance (from deepest Dorset) I had to complete more than 700 miles in 15 hours, so needed a modern waft-mobile for that trip ....

And, BTW, I do have a Puma 1700 in the garage, and my son (who came with me to the Lakes weekend), has a Focus RS Mk 2, complete with the Mountune tune-up kit. Does that help my case a bit ?

GRAHAM R

Comment

Graham, in my world EVERYTHING needs stripes ............ its a long standing joke on here .............. unless it has stripes, then it looks stupid

ps. save the sob story about a trip from deepest darkest Dorset, we set off at 4.00am on the friday in a mk1 and mk2 RS2000 ............. ears still not recovered yet, but that's not the point, eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Robson View Post
                    OK, it is a good humoured rant ... but I have to respond.

One - they are not old books, but very recently published ones.

Secondly, I am linked to several different 'classic' car movements, and can't afford a different 'toy' for every occasion. To get to/from the Lakes weekend, for instance (from deepest Dorset) I had to complete more than 700 miles in 15 hours, so needed a modern waft-mobile for that trip ....

And, BTW, I do have a Puma 1700 in the garage, and my son (who came with me to the Lakes weekend), has a Focus RS Mk 2, complete with the Mountune tune-up kit. Does that help my case a bit ?
                    GRAHAM R

Sorry Graham, it was actually a bit of good old fashioned Yorkshire banter and it certainly got more effect than I expected - I think you've been away from Gods country far too long!

Best wiishes
                    Steve Smith

Comment

Ha ha love the banter on here it's great.

Comment

Working...
                      X