lakes tour 2012 wind down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lakes tour 2012 wind down

Well here goes, I am overwhelmed by the response on the web sites to last weekend’s Lakes Tour. The pictures and comments are all of a positive nature and I would just like to say thank you to you all for supporting the Lakes Tour again in 2012. Even though I have had no bad feedback from the weekend, looking back at it now I would have done some things differently but we can only learn from that and hopefully make it work even better next year.

It was just fantastic to see all the cars and vans out and about and it gives me the most pleasure of all to see you all using them as they were intended. I have not had a word with them at M/Sport as yet, but as far as I know they were all blown away again by this year’s visit of “proper” cars.

I hold my hands up to a right turn that should have been a left turn at a roundabout – sorry, I must try harder!!

Despite the frost (WTF) that was about it did make for a good day in the end and considering there were floods in most areas of the country we did fair very well with the weather for a change.

I would just like to thank the owners and traders for making the trip to the Lakes Tour some of which travelled a long way and took part in the displays at the Tour this year, not forgetting the traders that gave donations to the Charity Auction. Hopefully, now you have all seen what it’s all about, we can call on you for your support for future Lakes Tours.

The Charity Auction and raffle made in excess of £ 2,500 and I still have a Lakes Tour 2012 start banner to auction along with a few more bits and pieces. When I get them sorted out I will put them up on the BB.

I did however lose money on the M/Sport Lakes Tour t-shirts again this year (the ones with the route on the back). If anybody would like one please get in touch with me - I have 25 left in all sizes, plus two one-off hoodies in M and L.
    All the polo shirts were sold, along with the jackets but if anyone would still like a jacket I will be putting in an order at the end of this week for more jackets so if you would like one give me a shout.

If you have any suggestions on anything constructive that you would like to see at the Lakes Tour or changes to make the tour any better please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me or post in this thread.

Many thanks again for your support; without it the event would not happen.

Father of the tour.

can we have a 11am start time next year for us late risers

Comment

Originally posted by rs new boy View Post
      can we have a 11am start time next year for us late risers
      Late risers
      I was looking for you on Sunday but u were gone

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by oxb1l View Post
        Late risers
        I was looking for you on Sunday but u were gone

Bill
        i went early on sunday same as i do every year, if you still want the pads i will find out the postage

Comment

Arrange a off public road blast around a track or airfield to let the boy racers have a chance to thrash their cars
          sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Originally posted by oggie snr View Post

If you have any suggestions on anything constructive that you would like to see at the Lakes Tour or changes to make the tour any better please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me ...................

Father of the tour.
            ........................ can we go to Coniston next year ?

Comment

The left - right turn was my fault ,Sorry but it kept you all thinking
              I sat at home with a tour route book for the week before and still missed it can not even put it down to being over worked ,as i am now retired
              Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by cortinajim View Post
                The left - right turn was my fault ,Sorry but it kept you all thinking
                I sat at home with a tour route book for the week before and still missed it can not even put it down to being over worked ,as i am now retired
                Sorry
                ...................... sent us completely wrong !!! ....... we ended up in Penrith .............. but at least we changed a faulty battery whilst there

Comment

Should have gone up home and had a cup of tea when you were in Penrith

Comment

we did, but there was bugger all worth taking

Comment

A big thumbs up from me Steve, great event. The 100 odd miles was just the right distance.

Only thing I can suggest is to avoid ****ermouth (or any other town) at midday, although I realise there wasn't any easy route from Whinlatter to Dovenby other than going on the A66.
                      sigpic

Comment

big thanks from me to you steve and anyone else involved with this my first one and will be back next year. ps as i was the last car back from the tour on saturday do i get a prize lol

Comment

my kids were laughing there heads off when we went thru c ockermouth

was a great weekend spoilt only by Chelski

Roll on next year!
                          Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Working...
                          X