Poor Kev..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Kev..........

so sorry to hear about the car kev, it happened on a smaller scale to myself years ago but i managed to 'Catch' it in time, i also know of about half a dozen that have gone this way, ranging from when the return pipe off the standard twin choke has popped off or fuel has spit back through the carbs,

At least you are safe, bet it gave you a huge fright and the image will be with you for a very long time

keep the chin up and hopefully speak soon,

cheeRS
    sigpic

Happened to us in my brothers car about 15 years ago. Scary as hell!
    As we've all said, glad your safe!
    And i know its early but if you want it looking at to repair give me a call!

Comment

I remember passing big MUDs car on the m1 while she was mid burn..
      Scary doesn't come near!!

As said chin up kev, glad your ok
      sigpic

Comment

In sad times

that was sad as well
        Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

I lost a mk2 mex to a fuel fire on the motorway on the way home from buying it.

Nutty Professor

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news

Comment

i must admit. I got married last month and was intending to drive my mk2 mex to the ceremony. But a couple of days before the big day, fuel started ****ing out of the overflow on the LH carb. I tried everything to stop this, checked the float, cleaned all moving parts i could access easily etc but nothing would cure it.

I came SO so close out of desperation to driving it the 12 miles to the venue thinking "what are the chances of it actually going up" .... but common sense prevailed and i decided not to risk it (turned up in a nissan almera, oh the shame)

seeing what has happened to Kev today has made me SO glad i didnt risk it, i'm fairly confident something similar would have happened, and it was definately in no way worth the risk :O

certainly would have ruined what was the best day of my life, regardless of the missing mk2 mex!

my car in the vBGarage

***Don't Fool With The Old Skool***

Comment

Foooook me that's grim news .
                sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

sad news seen pics on rsoc....

Comment

Working...
                  X