Car buying SCAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car buying SCAM

Advertised in AutoTrader,a 2006 Toureg V6 3litre auto at £ 5000,So iam interested,Sent an email to a person calling herself Lisa Boag,who says she has the car in Portugal,and she is doing a deal through Yahoo finance,and sends a load of bumph ,reportedly from Yahoo Finance,saying basically I send £5K to this bank in Portugal,they let me have the car for 15days to approve it.If I am not happy she will pay all shipping costs back and i get my money back.Went to Yorkshire bank to send electronic Transfer,who say" Have you seen this car?",and go on the Internet read all about Yahoo Finance and its ALL A SCAM !
    So be warned guys read about it on Yahoo finance scams !!

Would have been suspicious long before i got into any bank!!

Same basic principle of all the scams on ebay etc.
    Part of the Java Green club

Comment

I wonder if anyone fall for it
      sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Originally posted by driverace View Post
        Advertised in AutoTrader,a 2006 Toureg V6 3litre auto at £ 5000,So iam interested,Sent an email to a person calling herself Lisa Boag,who says she has the car in Portugal,and she is doing a deal through Yahoo finance,and sends a load of bumph ,reportedly from Yahoo Finance,saying basically I send £5K to this bank in Portugal,they let me have the car for 15days to approve it.If I am not happy she will pay all shipping costs back and i get my money back.Went to Yorkshire bank to send electronic Transfer,who say" Have you seen this car?",and go on the Internet read all about Yahoo Finance and its ALL A SCAM !
        You were actually going to send some money?????

Comment

scam

NO i sent No money ,BUT lots will,and thats the warning.so every beware.I have told this woman I am on my way with the cash,and her reply is that she is out of the country,

Comment

if it sounds too good to be true it usualy is

wanna buy my touareg? 2006 2.5 manual

Nutty Professor

Comment

Surely nobody with half a brain would send anybody money for a car they have not seen!
              sigpic

Comment

NO i sent No money ,BUT lots will,and thats the warning.so every beware.I have told this woman I am on my way with the cash,and her reply is that she is out of the country,
                No they won't if they've any sense! This scam's been going on on Ebay for years, I'm surprised you haven't seen it.

There's an old saying which EVERYONE should remember. If something looks too good to be true - it usually is!

If in doubt - let someone else buy it!

I'm just glad you got good advice from the bank - I think you should buy them a big bunch of flowers and never hear a bad word said against them again...

BTW, are you originally from Yorkshire?
                Last edited by Smudger; 19-03-2012, 18:18. Reason: typo

Comment

Dont bother...I sent my money on Friday...I am told the car will be with me this Thursday.....result.

I also appear to have won the Nigerian Lottery.....

They say it comes in threes...........

I have probably got the clap too
                  [/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by Stringpants View Post
                    Dont bother...I sent my money on Friday...I am told the car will be with me this Thursday.....result.

LOL

Comment

Webuyanycar.com is a scam as well . You have a 2 grand motor and they give you £800 for it !!! Robbers , lol .
                      sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                      Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                      12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

I honestly cant believe how anyone is ever taken in by these scams, but obviously many do otherwise they wouldn't persist with them

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
                          Webuyanycar.com is a scam as well . You have a 2 grand motor and they give you £800 for it !!! Robbers , lol .
                          I was looking to trade my 57 reg mondao
                          Fords offer me 3500 against an 18 k car and we buy any car offerd me 5k ??

Who are the thevies
                          sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Originally posted by Stringpants View Post

bet you got that for free with the Nigerian Princess ..
                            sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

One scam pulled by the Govt; I was told at school, is that during your working life, N.I contributions are deducted from your wages for your pension, that you get when you retire aged 65!

Comment

Working...
                              X