Got Signal ginge out of hibernation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Signal ginge out of hibernation

today, peeled back the carcoon and there she was, looking pretty well after a winter of shut eye

Cranked her over a few times put the ht lead back on and she fired up pretty much straight away.

Pushed her out the garage but couldn't select gears. Bloody clutch stuck on Eventually after a lot of starting in gear, reverse and jerking it about i heard a loud bang and she was ok again, phew Was beginning to think i'd have to get LAR out this year after all but no she can stay sleeping.

Any one else had this happen to em?? Never had this problem before so was really surprised.
    Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Should have got your son to try it am sure he tried it out at the AVO day
    sigpic

Comment

Same happened to me son 2 weeks ago with my mex..
      Bloody clutch seized tried to free it a couple of times then gave up and pushed it back into the garage!!!

Comment

Best way i have found to unseize the clutch is to jack up rear wheels so there off the ground start it in 2nd gear, clutch to the floor and pull the handbrake up sharpish, works every time for me!

Comment

It's shagged!
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

I'm surprised anything seizes on that car with the amount of oil that falls out of it !

Comment

put it in 4th gear and turn it over, worked for me a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesney View Post
                today, peeled back the carcoon and there she was, looking pretty well after a winter of shut eye

Cranked her over a few times put the ht lead back on and she fired up pretty much straight away.

Pushed her out the garage but couldn't select gears. Bloody clutch stuck on Eventually after a lot of starting in gear, reverse and jerking it about i heard a loud bang and she was ok again, phew Was beginning to think i'd have to get LAR out this year after all but no she can stay sleeping.

Any one else had this happen to em?? Never had this problem before so was really surprised.
                Thats carcoons for you

Comment

I've never had a clutch stick and i leave motors for years . Perhaps it got wet before you parked it up or something ?
                  sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                  Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                  12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Your clutch is probably worn down to the rivets hence it stuck with rust lol

Comment

cheap clutch , my brothers is stuck on every year my borg and becks never stuck in five years

Comment

car was put away bone dry, clutch was a nos ford one put in 2 years ago and done bugger all mileage.
                        Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

I'll give you £3k for the old Knacker with the worn clutch
                          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Chesney View Post
                            done bugger all mileage.

Is that cos the clutch keeps sticking or won't it start???

Comment

A bit worrying that. The cause of sticking clutch is usually a combination of a laid up car and moisture.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X