Clear All

• wood burners

things we have to do for free heating

then 5 hows on the chop saw 2000 cuts later good afternoons work

You daft city folk... we be using tree wood round these parts

Comment

Originally posted by gordy 2000 View Post
      You daft city folk... we be using tree wood round these parts
      theres not many free trees round here anyway i get the wood for nothing great

Comment

re cycle thats what i like to see,since theres no trees in the midlands did the wood come from the wanderers old stand
        sigpic

Comment

what do you guys use for wood burners? i would like one for the garage but they seem very expensive. There are loads of trees cut down around here that are lying about for the picking up.

Do you split those up into smaller pieces? i used to help my grandad do it years ago and we cut nits like that up into smaller pieces with sharper edges. he called it Kindling!!

Graham

Comment

[QUOTE=modena green;589381]re cycle thats what i like to see,since theres no trees in the midlands did the wood come from the wanderers old stand[/QUOTE

no mate ,ask johnny69rs what happened the stand he took it down

Comment

Hope you dont have close neighbours.
              mines got a wood burner ,we cant open our windows or hang washing out cause its ****in stinkin , roll on the summer hopefully they wont use it then.
              They should be banned, its a myth that they burn so hot they dont smell.
              sigpic

Comment

Feckin love mine it's on all the time lol. I've burnt the odd bit of building timber but pops and spits way too much. I prefer burning trees and am always keen to take unwanted felled trees. I've even invested in a log splitter to help with my wood management

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post

Feckin love mine it's on all the time lol. I've burnt the odd bit of building timber but pops and spits way too much. I prefer burning trees and am always keen to take unwanted felled trees. I've even invested in a log splitter to help with my wood management

well shut the door then it stops the spitting

Comment

Originally posted by rs new boy View Post
                    well shut the door then it stops the spitting
                    No it doesn't, it just stops it coming out onto the carpet LOL. Depends what mood I'm in, today I'm in a 'door open' mood

Comment

Originally posted by Kulataz View Post
                      what do you guys use for wood burners? i would like one for the garage but they seem very expensive. There are loads of trees cut down around here that are lying about for the picking up.

Do you split those up into smaller pieces? i used to help my grandad do it years ago and we cut nits like that up into smaller pieces with sharper edges. he called it Kindling!!

Graham
                      WOOD loli burn anything as long as its free ,look on ebay plenty of burners around , as for chopping i use a chop saw, axe and a chainsaw for big pieces

Comment

I'd advise to buy a multi fuel stove if yer in the market for one, that way you can burn coal as well which burns much hotter and is easier to get hold of if you ain't got no wood. But if you're anything like me you won't run out of wood LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
                          No it doesn't, it just stops it coming out onto the carpet LOL. Depends what mood I'm in, today I'm in a 'door open' mood
                          dont get doing the mrs on the rug in front of the fire, it can be very painful if you get caught with a spark between the cheeks .lol

Comment

lol @ you jokers......

I have an axe and a chainsaw already so most of the way there....

I will check the bay for one, as a bloke the firestarter in me is strong....lol

Comment

[quote=rs new boy;589391]
                              Originally posted by modena green View Post
                              re cycle thats what i like to see,since theres no trees in the midlands did the wood come from the wanderers old stand[/QUOTE

no mate ,ask johnny69rs what happened the stand he took it down
                              your right if i remember righty he was lookin for a strap for the watch he took down.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X