Asbestos removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asbestos removal?

Has anyone in the north west area had asbestos removed and taken away?
    Ifso who did you use and what did it cost?
    Its a shed roof we need taking down and removing its about 10ft by 8ft

Cheers

do it yourself mike, the council provide all the bags, suits etc...

failing that my olf fella would probably do it
    sigpic

Comment

Asbestos

And to think that when I served as a motor mechanic,we used to fit brake linings ,clutch linings,then rub them up with emery cloth to remove greasy hand marks etc,then blow that off with your mouth,and even blow the drums and back plates off with the airline,and bell housings too! No health and safety then !!!

Comment

it is probs a old cement asbestosis roof , just make sure you water it down to keep the dust down , yes you can do it yourself , but you CAN NOT get rid of it yourself . you will have to pay for it . alex

Comment

Originally posted by driverace View Post
          And to think that when I served as a motor mechanic,we used to fit brake linings ,clutch linings,then rub them up with emery cloth to remove greasy hand marks etc,then blow that off with your mouth,and even blow the drums and back plates off with the airline,and bell housings too! No health and safety then !!!
          But nobody knew the dangers of asbestos back then , would you sand a piece of asbestos now and breathe in the dust? Now we know the potential damage asbestos can do
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0630154 View Post
            it is probs a old cement asbestosis roof , just make sure you water it down to keep the dust down , yes you can do it yourself , but you CAN NOT get rid of it yourself . you will have to pay for it . alex
            Rang the council earlier, and as long as its in one piece and very neatly bagged up the local tip will take it free of charge.
            But that could be abit of a struggle to get a 10ft by 4ft strip off the roof in one piece

Comment

Originally posted by driverace View Post
              Having three big asbestos exposures on my health records from when I worked in powerstations, I really hope you have passed the 20-40yr point of when it comes back and kills you. Sadly I have lost a good few friends to mesothelioma who should be enjoying retirement and there grandchildren .

Its not nice esp as it was known in the 1920's how bad this stuff is, remember it was not until the 1950's when tobacco smoke was even thought of to be considered a health hazard.

Mike please make sure its really wet if you do cut it up and use the correct PPE.
              Steve

Comment

Working...
              X