West of Scotland Holiday suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West of Scotland Holiday suggestions

Family Frost Holiday 2012 looks like being the West of Scotland. Any good suggestions from you lot as to where to go? Interests to include swimming, Mountain Biking, Beaches, loch's, Great scenery, blah, blah.
    Was looking at Argyllshire as I have always wanted to do the west Scotland railway from Oban to Fort William. Looking to go August time.
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Might be worth a look on here Kev. http://surprise.visitscotland.com/default.aspx

My Mrs. wants to do the seafood trail so will probably end up there myself at some point this year.
    Mark....

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicomark View Post
      Might be worth a look on here Kev. http://surprise.visitscotland.com/default.aspx
      That's a nice site Mark.

Also have a hankering after Loch Lomond

Comment

Who's you lot ?

Comment

get your ass's over to arran, i love it there kev!

sigpic

Comment

i did a tour of scotland all the way up the east coast then back down the west coast what i found was the further up you got the quieter and better it was had last day at balloch loch lomand and it was far to busy for me i love the single track roads with the water running down over the road and just stopping for a FREE drink

Comment

Originally posted by fast eddie View Post
              get your ass's over to arran, i love it there kev!

http://www.visitarran.net/
              Did you stay there or just visit|?

Comment

Originally posted by steven f View Post
                i did a tour of scotland all the way up the east coast then back down the west coast what i found was the further up you got the quieter and better it was had last day at balloch loch lomand and it was far to busy for me i love the single track roads with the water running down over the road and just stopping for a FREE drink
                This is on my Bucket List Did have an idea years ago (pre-kids) to do this in the Mexico Absolutely impossible now I think in that...........
                The Tourer would be great though

Comment

Some of the best scenery will be fort William to mallaig road , you won't find better . White sandy beaches like the gulf coast . Oban , Kyle of Sutherland have good mountain biking . Bring the skin so soft with you , lol for the midgie .

Comment

You can't really go wrong with oban ( that's where I live ), up to fort William and up to inverness. Some really places to see and the roads good too.

Drop me a pm if I can help you with anything.;0)
                    cheeRS

Comment

Originally posted by 0630154 View Post
                      Some of the best scenery will be fort William to mallaig road , you won't find better . White sandy beaches like the gulf coast . Oban , Kyle of Sutherland have good mountain biking . Bring the skin so soft with you , lol for the midgie .
                      mmmmmmmmmmmm, White Sandy Beaches...... We are looking now.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                          Did you stay there or just visit|?
                          got a cuz over there kev, also a couple of rse members too!, its stunning, if you go visit this place, my cuz done loads of work here:-http://www.easmor-ecology.com/begining.htm
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                            Family Frost Holiday 2012 looks like being the West of Scotland. Any good suggestions from you lot as to where to go? Interests to include swimming, Mountain Biking, Beaches, loch's, Great scenery, blah, blah.
                            Was looking at Argyllshire as I have always wanted to do the west Scotland railway from Oban to Fort William. Looking to go August time.

some ideas on here

Answer 1 of 6: Looking to travel to Scotland July/August of 2006 for 2 full weeks. Would like to see the Isle of Mull and travel up the west side of Scotland to the Isle of Skye. Looking for good sites, good resturants, and places to stay. This will be the third...

or combine your trip with this years event

a82 all the way to skye then ferry hop some of the islands stunning.
                            www.tpsweldtech.com

Comment

Originally posted by dandibo View Post
                              Talking of Trip Advisor, Did anyone see "Attack of the Trip Advisor" on Channel 4 recently?

Comment

Working...
                              X