X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had to borrow my sisters riding hat lol

Comment

Originally posted by graceloc View Post
      my first bike............think its a dt80, pushed it more than rode it....a real bugger to get started!
      now thats a garage to dream for .
      lovely collection m8.
      dav

Comment

I love my old bikes and have a restored a few over the last 3 or 4 years.
        I am a bit "between" resto's at the moment and would love an RS in the garage along side them...Anyway heres some of recently finished projects.

1930 Scott sports squirrel,600c water cooled two stroke twin.Rebuilt from a wreck.

1972 kawasaki s1 250.A super rare 100mph 250.One of around 200 uk supplied bikes.

1972 s2 350..45hp triple.One owner from new before me and it had covered just over 60,000 miles.Again a rare uk supplied bike.

Kawasaki h2 750 1972.

An U.S import many years ago.I am currently giving it just a little mint up.I love this bike.The power delivery is frightening and you really need to respect it.

My most recent full restoration has been this 1980 kh400.
        I have basically built it out of leftovers from my s1 and s2 restorations so its a real mongrel!Albeit a very fast one courtesy of the Mick Abbey tune and bespoke pipes.

This is what i started with.

Then a rough build.

...and the finished..

..and being photographed by classic bike at the recent stafford show.

Comment

There's some beauties there mate..
          sigpic

Comment

I've had this little GPz550 twin shock since March and every weekend I threaten to start stripping it for a resto, this is the first 'big' bike I wanted back in the day when I was riding my DT50M, but as its in one piece I still like just having it there in the corner

No hair comments ya cheeky ****ers

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post

lol a YB100 my 3rd bike

1st Mobellette Moped was my cut (canal) bike

2nd SS50

3rd YB100

4th GT125

5th X5

6th FZR1000EXUP
              Also I forgot about these as well

GPZ1100

KX125 - (I converted a Moto X bike to road legal spec)

Yamaha 400 trial bike (not sure what model)

ANFESA RV250 (ex works race bike) bought as a basket case and sold mid way through rebuild after I had finished the frame and plastics

cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by kas750 View Post
                You know although i only live 5 miles away, i can't remember the last time i went to the barn!
                im only a mile or so away theres some nice restored bikes go past my house
                sigpic

www.oscars.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by graceloc View Post
                  i love that D, always wanted a ty 80, watching a couple on the bay right now
                  That was my first bike DT50m ? W reg. I remember head bolt striped so we put some threaded bar in worked a treat
                  sigpic

www.oscars.co.uk

Comment

i had a yam fs1e dx, i did some miles on that bike. i was one of only two lads that went to school on a fizzy, it was great having the girls hanging around us hoping for a ride on the back. had RD 250 E, 400E, bloody fast those were, suzuki GS550, bandit 1200 , hell of a machine this was.
                    nowadays i like old bikes and now own 2 1942 harley davidson wla,s in olive
                    drab as supplied to the us army in ww2.
                    i
                    Live to regret ..or regret to live.

Comment

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
                      I've had this little GPz550 twin shock since March and every weekend I threaten to start stripping it for a resto, this is the first 'big' bike I wanted back in the day when I was riding my DT50M, but as its in one piece I still like just having it there in the corner

No hair comments ya cheeky ****ers

get me a stick....something's trying to eat ruddy's brain...it looks like some sort of mutant hedgehog
                      Life is Racing......
                      sigpic
                      everything else is just waiting

...or buftying.

Comment

my first bike was a green suzuki 50cc that my uncle fitted a 100cc engine in when i was fifteen everyone used to run around in bikes and most had no licences in those days.i had some fun on it until i decided to swap it for a midland 80 c.b radio

Comment

[quote=kas750;572304]
                          My most recent full restoration has been this 1980 kh400.
                          I have basically built it out of leftovers from my s1 and s2 restorations so its a real mongrel!Albeit a very fast one courtesy of the Mick Abbey tune and bespoke pipes.

quote]

That is awesome mate
                          Paul.

sigpic

Comment

Well I have finally managed to get hold of a Honda SS50 5 Speed Disc Brake version

All complete with no damage but in need of light / medium resoration

Bike not been touched since 1990 when tax ran out

cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

careful with the petrol Dave

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM View Post
                                Well I have finally managed to get hold of a Honda SS50 5 Speed Disc Brake version

All complete with no damage but in need of light / medium resoration

Bike not been touched since 1990 when tax ran out

should be 'fireworks' when you get around to starting that one Dave

cheeRS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X